blower problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SvtBlack95, Feb 22, 2007.

1. SvtBlack95

SvtBlack95 Well-Known Member

ok i got a serious problem..... i was taking my blower pulley off to put my 3.00 on..... when i took off the belt and loosened the blower bolt i accidentally pushed in that little metal piece that holds the pulley in place lol blower guys should know what im talked about well anyways how can i get that thing out of there ?

2. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

maybe a magnet? sorry i cant be more help bro i dont know much about centri blowers

3. SvtBlack95

ya i tried a magnet but the mag is to big to fit is such a small whole its driving me nuts.....the last thing i want to do is take off the blower and bang it out by fliping it upside down but it seems i might have to do that :'(

4. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

what about those magnets that are like the size of a pen.. you can pull em out so if you drop a screw down in the engine bay? iono might work?

5. SvtBlack95

hmm i wonder where i can find those magnets.... i went to auto zone and they said they didnt have magnets that small in stock.... good idea trey thanks

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

is there a way you could get some double sided tape on a screw driver or something to get it out.

7. scarface

scarface Guest

8. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

how hard is that pin to pull out? is it really stiff or what?

ive seen them at walmart i think.. maybe orielly's?

9. SvtBlack95

hey Dave that shits the bomb thanks man O0 ..... Trey- it went in so easy lol i went to take it out and i hit it in my mistake and went in like no tommorrow ... atleast 2 hours using tape and a screwdriver, magnets everything but i think scarface's trick there is goin to work if not the blower is coming off

10. 94twinscrew

94twinscrew Active Member

Another little trick you can try,that my father showed me is to take some mechanics wire,and wrap a few coils around your magnet,and leave whatever length you need at the end,to get into tight places.....like fishing for keystones in blowers.lol

11. scarface

scarface Guest

NO prob man...had to use it a lot myself :) I also have done what 94Twinscrew said, and used a good magnet like a speaker magnet.