Body Roll City

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
All original suspension with the exception of KYB Excel GR-2 Shocks & Struts.. I have a set of J&M Street Rear LCA's waiting to go on when I have the time to put them on. Will they help get rid of some body roll? Its pretty bad, and I notice it every day that I drive it. There's a nice shorty and curvy stretch of road in my campus that I like to take a little on the quicker side, and its really soft. There's some other turns that I like to take where it really shows how much body roll the car has. Now before anyone says LOWER IT, I'm not sure what I'm doing with that yet. What else can I do in the meantime to eliminate some of the body roll? Again all original suspension.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The stock springs are your problem. Period!!! You can add stiffer sway bars but the soft spring rates are killing you. If you don't wanna lower it, consider finding some 03-04 Cobra (coupe) springs. They're a specific rate (600 lbs in.) and will help you reach your goal.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Subframe connects for sure. Possibly a panhard bar. Not sure how much it will help with body roll but refreshing some bushings never hurt anything. You could do some sort of roll bar as well, that's a lot of money though.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spring stiffness and height.
I think a nice set of bushings should help at least with the over all handling. Even if they don't it wouldn't hurt to replace 20yr old bushings lol.

I haven't gotten into subframe connectors or aftermarket sway/roll bars and I find it pretty solid, really fun in the mountains.

RichV

Reaction score
Springs and swaybars, like White95 suggested.

Bigger swaybars with soft springs will compensate for a better street ride. Stiff springs will stop body roll but are not too forgiving on the street.

Everything else is just a bonus to help articulation.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Springs will be the only thing to really give you a noticeable difference. Bushings are nice, but unless they're visually rotted out and you have side to side movement on the part, you won't know any "real" difference.

wmfateam

Reaction score
You can be all nascar and put some spring rubbers in the springs ; )

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online