Boneyard ragtop parts score

PinkieT

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to black out the windshield frames on our 98 convertibles and decided to see if we could find the side trim pieces in the boneyard to make it easier. She went with me to help bird dog parts and hand me tools. I was pulling the trim off a windshield and she told me to turn around. There wedged in the back seat was a factory tonneau cover! We nabbed that puppy along with the side pieces, the tabs that go into the back seat side panels where the seat belts come off, a V6 pony fender emblem, a Mustang grill ornament, and a pair of the pushbutton back seat bottom holders. Total investment - $37. The cars had good center bezels, radios, cds, taillights, etc. but I ran out of time. Glad I have a wifey who digs boneyard pickin'.

Silver95bird

Reaction score
my kids are 2 and 4. i miss junkyard days just scoping for trick parts. great scores!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

96gt226410

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to black out the windshield frames on our 98 convertibles and decided to see if we could find the side trim pieces in the boneyard to make it easier. She went with me to help bird dog parts and hand me tools. I was pulling the trim off a windshield and she told me to turn around. There wedged in the back seat was a factory tonneau cover! We nabbed that puppy along with the side pieces, the tabs that go into the back seat side panels where the seat belts come off, a V6 pony fender emblem, a Mustang grill ornament, and a pair of the pushbutton back seat bottom holders. Total investment - $37. The cars had good center bezels, radios, cds, taillights, etc. but I ran out of time. Glad I have a wifey who digs boneyard pickin'.

The paint on the upper trim around my windshield has began to peel off (damn Crystal White) and I was thinking about painting it myself. How do you remove all the trim around the windshield? I also have a 98 convertible. Thanks.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
It's easy to get the side pieces off. 8mm bolt at the bottom, move the weatherstripping near the top and take out a screw, and gently pry them off. AFAIK the painted part above the windshield can't be removed, it's part of the body. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.