Bought my car back from the insurance who wants to get a hook up!

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
ah man sorry to hear that. I would be disappointed myself to go from such a sweet stang to an srt.
yea it would suck but, this is not any normal srt8 magnum. It has everything done to it that could possibly be done it has roughly 600 hp to the rear wheels, full hotchkis suspension, full KW coil-over setup, vortech v3-si polished kit, custom 22" lorenzo rims paint matched to the car, carbon fiber hood from VIS Racing and fully custom interior wth red suede and black leather srt8 seats competition level audio system etc could go on for ever lol. I am buying it off my cousin also which is good because I know exactly what I am getting and I know he wouldn't screw me over only has 45,000 miles on it most of them are highway miles from Mass to Georgia and back. It is one badass wagon man I'll upload pics next weekend, that is when I'm going to get it from him I think

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
or I just found a 2001 yellow mustang cobra svt it looks super fkn clean and for a good price I'm gonna go look at it with my buddy this weekend only 40k miles on it. I wouldn't have to touch it outside of lowering it a bit and getting a tune on it ohhh and maybe exhaust!!!!! that 2001 svt cobra, the 2007 magnum srt8 or a 2004 competition grabber orange mach1 fkn so stressed trying to decide.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
or I just found a 2001 yellow mustang cobra svt it looks super fkn clean and for a good price I'm gonna go look at it with my buddy this weekend only 40k miles on it. I wouldn't have to touch it outside of lowering it a bit and getting a tune on it ohhh and maybe exhaust!!!!!

It just sounds so much better to say SVT than SRT...lol
How much would you want for the emblems? Also on the interior I'm needing a dash, mine is dry-rotted and splitting. Not in a huge hurry to get one but would snag one up for the right price.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
It just sounds so much better to say SVT than SRT...lol
How much would you want for the emblems? Also on the interior I'm needing a dash, mine is dry-rotted and splitting. Not in a huge hurry to get one but would snag one up for the right price.
umm tbh you would be better off buying the emblems new from latemodelrestoration.com I paid like 30 for them or something but if you really want them ill sell them for 15 if I can get them off cleanly, you would need new adhesive. as for the svt and srt I think I might go with the orange mach1 it has the same engine as the cobra but idk it's an 01' cobra not a termi =/ and the mach1 has more miles on it idk hard choices, it's really frustrating the cobra has like 40k miles on it and mach1 has 69k the mach1 is like 2 grand less and I'm sure I could talk down the cobra because it is still 100% stock what would you guys do?
7MD6NFg.jpg

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
If you get the Mach 1 you can use your interior parts on it, like if it had a damaged seat or something, everything is direct for minus the seats but they'll fit too.
Just something to think about. Love to see you pick up a mustang and join us in our cruise to the AM show in August ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
If you get the Mach 1 you can use your interior parts on it, like if it had a damaged seat or something, everything is direct for minus the seats but they'll fit too.
Just something to think about. Love to see you pick up a mustang and join us in our cruise to the AM show in August ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
im gonna go with the magnum ordering borla atak catback for it. You will understand why when you see it and hear it haha.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
umm tbh you would be better off buying the emblems new from latemodelrestoration.com I paid like 30 for them or something but if you really want them ill sell them for 15 if I can get them off cleanly, you would need new adhesive. as for the svt and srt I think I might go with the orange mach1 it has the same engine as the cobra but idk it's an 01' cobra not a termi =/ and the mach1 has more miles on it idk hard choices, it's really frustrating the cobra has like 40k miles on it and mach1 has 69k the mach1 is like 2 grand less and I'm sure I could talk down the cobra because it is still 100% stock what would you guys do?
Think I'd go with the Mach1, 69xxx miles ain't really that many miles on that 32v, and you know they've prolly both seen some abuse. If it were 03/04 I would pick the cobra. But for 2K less to get the Mach1, that's an extra 2K to spend on some go fast parts lol.

As for the emblems, I may would still get them from you if you could sell your dash for a decent price too...I really had no idea they were only $30 new I figured they were a lot more proud of em.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Think I'd go with the Mach1, 69xxx miles ain't really that many miles on that 32v, and you know they've prolly both seen some abuse. If it were 03/04 I would pick the cobra. But for 2K less to get the Mach1, that's an extra 2K to spend on some go fast parts lol.

As for the emblems, I may would still get them from you if you could sell your dash for a decent price too...I really had no idea they were only $30 new I figured they were a lot more proud of em.

Once I get the car back and start tearing it down and shit I will let you know. I ended up staying with buying the magnum like I posted above I am gonna buy borla atak catback, it has a magnaflow on it atm but the borla sounds sooo mean.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Once I get the car back and start tearing it down and shit I will let you know. I ended up staying with buying the magnum like I posted above I am gonna buy borla atak catback, it has a magnaflow on it atm but the borla sounds sooo mean.

Ah ok missed that post somehow. It ain't always gotta be a ford to be cool, it just helps lol. And that's cool too I'm not in any hurry for it I have just been looking for a good deal on one.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Josh, my phone decided to die and my charger broke.. So I can't text you until tomorrow when I go grab a new charger. But this is what I need, basically everything we discussed plus the 2 things with .the * next to them

Door panels w/ every single little piece of hardware and insert (ie, the corner triangles for the mirror areas, screws to attach the switches to the inserts, all the inserts, speaker grilles, etc. Basically everything from the metal on the door in beside the switches, wiring harness, speakers, and door handles.
Passenger side airbag
Raxiom taillights w/harness
Window to body weatherstripping w/ all the little fasteners (if they're savable, I know they're a ***** to pull out)
Fog light switch
Both Fog light harness' cut as far up as possible (around the headlight housing area)
*Passenger side kicker panel
*Rear view mirror
EDIT
Give me a price on the 2 front seats too.......
Just was working on trying to get my driver side seat out and the whole track is rusted and the motor won't move the seat forward........

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
I will take the fog light brackets if they are for a cobra style fog light and might be interested in the fog lights as well if they are in good shape. Also might want the CC paltes as well. text me some pics and prices shipped to 3602418025

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
don't think I forgot about you guys, I compiled a list of who wants what etc. Once the car is dropped off (it sucked cuz the holiday weekend) I will be tearing out what people need etc and giving all of you a price for shipping and handling etc.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
on a side note the mach1 was a big pos the salesman had no idea wtf he was talking about haha.

fomoco85

Reaction score
Home is Camano Island,WA/ work is Electric City, W
Hey teal95, it's me fomoco85!! Sounds like an early Christmas for ya with that SRT! Thou hong bases with ya since you're buying the Stang back. I had asked about the radiator cover... Is it still in great shape? How much to buy it off ya? Shipping to 99123. Let me know 360 961 8322. Thanks !!

G_94_T

Reaction score
How much for both roof rail mouldings (with mounting bolts) to zip 37660

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online