Brian's 1995 Crystal White SVT Cobra

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

As some of you might know, I got out of the Mustang world earlier this year for a while. I sold my 2001 True Blue Bullitt to my father (couldn't let it leave so when I'm ready to buy it back I can, already worked it out) and went through a few cars. But I recently sold the last car I had which was a fully built 2005 WRX STi a few months ago. I only had my F150 and was feeling the itch again to get back behind the wheel of a mustang.

After tons and tons of searching and sellers backing out last minute, I finally got my hands on a 1995 Crystal White SVT Cobra. I drove from Chesapeake, VA (15 minutes from NC border) up to Reading, PA. It was a 6.5(ish) hour drive. Right now I am working an overnight shift at work (6PM to 6AM). I talked to my father before I went to work on Tuesday and we started planning the trip. I went to work Tuesday night, got home Wednesday morning and we were out the door. We left at 7:30AM and arrived in PA around 1:30-2:00. As I pulled up the car was sitting outside on the street and I instantly was very happy. The pictures from the AutoTrader ad were very dull and were taking by a cell phone so the quality was horrible. In the pictures the paint looked really dull. But the in person it was shiny and it wasn't even detailed. The first thing my father and I did was jack up the rear end and look underneath the car for rust, my main concern. To my surprise it was basically spotless. I did the normal routine of walking around it, checking everything I could possibly think of. It started up with no issues, everything worked perfectly, all the gauge cluster indicator lights came on and went off as they should. It was time for the test drive! For those who aren't familiar with Reading, PA (which I wasn't at the time) it was nothing but HILLS....But it was a good test drive. Got back to the sellers house and he showed me the two sets of extra wheels/tires and the OEM midpipe. He was originally asking $7,000 which was fair as KBB.com valued the car at $7,000-$7,200. Well, I walked away with everything for $6,500 which is what I was hoping to get it for.

As for the mods (which I know most of you probably don't care about the above stuff). The car has 96,963 original miles (motor / trans / body) with only a CAI, O/R Midpipe, dumps. Everything else is BONE STOCK. Which is perfect for me.

Pictures from seller/ad:

imagejpeg_2_6.jpg

imagejpeg_2_7.jpg

imagejpeg_2_8.jpg

imagejpeg_2_9.jpg

imagejpeg_2_10.jpg

imagejpeg_2_11.jpg

imagejpeg_2_12.jpg

Pictures I took (first few are from my cell phone):

The test drive
IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

After my father and I got it loaded up
IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

Stopping to get gas
IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Nice find!! What ya gonna do with the old exhaust I need a cheap set of descent mufflers!

I'm going to sell them as soon as I order new exhaust. They are an O/R midpipe with dumps. Unsure of exact brand but when I pull them off I can take better pictures of them. This setup will not pass inspection in my state and are extremely loud. Also felt like they are taking power away but I'm willing to part with them. PM me for more info.

Gallows

Reaction score
The car looks to be in pretty good shape for the year and mileage. Other than the exhaust do you have any other mods planned?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
The car looks to be in pretty good shape for the year and mileage. Other than the exhaust do you have any other mods planned?

Thanks for the compliment!

[EDITED 12/19/2011]

Unfortunately when I purchased the car it had exhaust that was way to loud and also would not pass inspection in my area. That will be replaced with BBK Ceramic Coated LTs, BBK catted x-pipe, and Bassani catback. Then I am going to focus on getting the vehicle paid off. I do plan on doing some small things here and there along the way such as adding the Cobra emblem in the front grille, etc. I am going to leave the car wingless for now.

After car is paid down or off
Wheels/Tires: OEM Machined 03/04 Cobra wheels / unsure about tires at this time
Suspension: I am unsure the exact setup at this time but the 4x4 look will be gone
Then other changes to interior / exterior that I haven't set in stone yet

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks to be a pretty clean car. Did he have the trunk holes filled? Wonder why he didn't fill the Ford emblem holes too.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
looks to be a pretty clean car. Did he have the trunk holes filled? Wonder why he didn't fill the Ford emblem holes too.

Thanks for the compliment. It'll look a lot better once its detailed.

Yeah the truck holes are filled. I was asking myself the same thing. I would figure either he lost the badge or the painters never put it back on / lost it. I'm going to get another one I think.

US Soldier(stang 98)

Reaction score
nice buy man. im not trying to sound like a dick but umm im not feeling the black bullits at all those saleen wheels on the other hand would look sick as hell on there

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I am also not a fan of the blacked out Bullitt wheels. I am putting them up for sale. Maybe someone can get better use out of them than I can.

As for the Saleens, they are up for sale at this time.

Thanks again bud. I love what you have done with your car! Thanks for your service to our country!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
95cobra5

Members online