Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 Initial Snow Review

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I had to buy 4 snow tires. Went with Bstone Blizzak WS70s based upon the excellent ratings they got. Today there was a nice heavy snow shower a good portion of the day. So there was a lot of slush, some ice, and light snow (in the parking lots). They spin a tiny bit when you get going leaving first. Driving they hold the car in place, unless you hit the throttle hard they don't spin at all. I also have 2- 50lb sandbags in the trunk. So the rear feels controlled and predictable as far as where its going to slide and whatnot. The more important test will be actual snow, I'm curious to see what happens. Figured I'd give a small review so far. 245/45/17 on 17x9 bullitts

chris91

Reaction score
I had them on an old Cadillac Catera I used to own and they did AWESOME in deep snow. Which was pretty shocking because it did horrible in just the rain with normal tires.

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
Though i know nothing about snow driving, would you not want skinnier tires than that?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You do want to use a skinny tire for winter.
However with that wheel size you wouldn't want to go much skinnier. I think a stretched tire would defeat the whole purpose.

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
However with that wheel size you wouldn't want to go much skinnier. I think a stretched tire would defeat the whole purpose.
I was under the impression that most people who had winter tires had winter wheels as well. The times I've been up north when it's snowing i see lots of people driving on what look to be four spare wheels.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I was under the impression that most people who had winter tires had winter wheels as well. The times I've been up north when it's snowing i see lots of people driving on what look to be four spare wheels.

These bullitts are my winter wheels. I keep the Saleens for spring/summer. But yes the skinnier the better. Had I not had these bullitts I would've grabbed a set of crappy beater wheels.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Yup. Would've went 235/55/17 but that would've been a little stretched on my 17x9s. And look goofy as hell too

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

They're called steelies. I've never used them.

Not everyone uses steelies (ugly as hell) and not everyone uses winter tires.

On my truck I used OEM size and never had winter tires. Just old all seasons.

On the Mazda I used a set of aftermarket wheels with winters. Forget what width, I believe close to OEM.

On the focus I use OEM wheels and tire size. I believe its something like a 205.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online

No members online now.