Bruiser (the cruiser)

What should I do with interior? See post #18

• Total voters
OP
OP
M
Reaction score
So one day I got bored and this happened.
fae8d5ebe4f0869c7e05ba8f9881178c.jpg

e94b5b013384f875d1ccc57f34a5c0cc.jpg

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
things would of went pretty fast, but before I put the rearend in, I cleaned up all between the wheel wells and undercoated it with rustolem paint... and when that dried I sprayed some rustoleum under coating over it. basically anytime I'm working in an area, I clean it, scuff it, paint it, and under coat it.
08df6a9230e0ea33c7df89bd5ef6dafe.jpg

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
I still need to pull the rotors and calipers off the front and rear and paint them. Actually, I'm replacing the front calipers with some PBR's... Next time I go to the junk yard I'll pull a set of those, paint everything, and put it all together.

Friday, I'm picking up a 97 explorer motor. My cousins boss knows I'm into mustangs and sent me a message on fb saying he was scraping an explorer and was pulling the motor. The price was cheap, so I jumped on it. The motor has 200xxx miles, so I'm going to do a quick rebuild on it before tossing it in.

I'm undecided on how I want to build the car. I want it to be my nice weather daily drive. I commute about 45 mins (or about 35 miles) each way to work everyday. However, I still would like to hit the drag strip once or twice a month.

95% of me wants to swap in a t5, the explorer motor, and well matched cam (tfs1, comp cams xe270hr, etc), and have some fun...

5% of me is like the explorer motor, maybe a small sd friendly cam like the crane 2030, and keep the auto with a small stall. I don't know... lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use to drag regularly. But then I got hooked on the sexy curves of a road course.

My vote is build something that can handle with a manual.

But obviously I’m biased!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did ya get the extended warranty for any of the hopeful freight goods or are you living dangerously?!

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I've had that same impact wrench for years and have used the crap out of it...

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
I've had that same impact wrench for years and have used the crap out of it...

I had the same one, and I loaned it to my uncle and he lost it???

I bought that one as a replaced.... It was DOA, never did return it... still sitting in the garage, in its box, broke. lol

I will buy another, and buy the extended warranty... and try it out right there in the store before I leave. Nearest store is like 45 mins away.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have had such bad luck with their tools the only tools that I have specifically gone there for was my engine support bar and an air file. The engine support bar I figured was just a big piece of steel and a few welds, hopefully they didn't screw it up(seems ok so far). The only reason I got the air file from them is the pickings were pretty slim and VERY expensive so to be sure I have one that works when I need it, I have two in the drawer and a warranty between them.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Harbor Freight is one of those stores, before you buy something, READ A LOT OF REVIEWS ON SAID ITEM.

There are plenty of good values at harbor freight, and there's just as many crappy items that you will waste you're money on.

Things I don't use often, like a 4.5" grinder, I'll pick up at harbor freight for under $10... and I promise you I will get my money out of it...

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bingo on the Harbor Freight stuff. I usually say "If I can only use it once, is it worth X price?" If I need it a lot, I'll buy something with a real brand on it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
does anyone else laugh when they see the electronic safes there thinking "OHH yea sure I want my stuff protected by harbor freight security". I know they are not that hard to break into but it leaves me wondering how many owners were locked out of their own safes.

PinkieT

Reaction score
I live about ten minutes from a HF and get their coupons all the time. Yep, some decent stuff, lots of crap. Picked up a nice 4-drawer rolling tool cart I love, but hate their low end tools. But, now that Craftsman is made in China, the differences are blurring. What gets me is when I see something that was "free with any purchase" posted for sale on Craigslist, or a HF torque wrench that is $20 regular price and $12 on sale listed for $40.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I really like their organization stuff. When I worked at the factory I would go in there to buy stuff for work. They have the big double hooks to hang on the wall for air hoses, and the little organizer bins to hang up. Those things are perfect from there. The right price.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
So I went out and took some pictures the other day. Here's a little video with some of the pics. I will post the actual pics this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online

No members online now.