Building a Transmission

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Basically thats what im gonna be doin here but I have a question for you tranny gurus....

Basically I would like the have the 2.95 1st Gear and the .63 (ish) Overdrive gear so i was thinking about building the Cobra transmission. However, the problem i am running into is finding the Cobra input shaft for my car because its a 95 and out stuff is slightly different than the other trannys.

So My question is where can I find one? Does someone sell a kit? All and Any help is appreciated!

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you mean the t5z transmission or not. If you want the 2.95 first and .63 over drive just buy those gears. As for the input shaft I'm pretty certian cobras and gt's were the same. They only varied from fox to sn95. I've built quite a few t5's in the last year so if you have questions hit me up. A big help for me was to do 2 and once. One was for reference. I bought one that needed a rebuild and gears and synchros so as I was taking mine apart and putting it back together I had naother one that have where all the washers and snap rings went and such.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Thats the thing, the input shafts are different on the Cobras. They have what they call a tapered bearing as opposed to the needle bearing which wont fit inside a stock GT cluster. This is what confused me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online

No members online now.