Burning

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
What will cause Powertrain control module to burn? This is a sn95 with 100k miles on it. Signs are that the car gets up to temp and then looses all power. However the car doesn’t have to be to temp for the issue. Light comes on. Sometimes flashy. And the flash is noticeable to the power loss you can feel the problem if it’s in its flashing act. When this happens the fan stays on. The fan will stay on as long as ignition is on. Until the light disappears or it’s luckily reset. A reset doesn’t always fix it.
My ecm doesn’t look burned.
This is the 2nd ccrm.
Car had the same problem with the new module.
So it wasn’t the old capacitors on the cars original ccrm. What looks burned on the old ccrm is the Low Fan Relay.
My ECM looks to be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2337.jpeg
    IMG_2337.jpeg
    726.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    810.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2333.jpeg
    IMG_2333.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 5

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
resistance builds heat in electronics. It doesn't have to be inside of the PCM but anywhere inline as in any of the harnesses/wires going to/from the fan or whatever accessory it is driving. If you have any harnesses that one or more of the retaining clips has broken off of it can cause problems especially when the motor heats up and everything expands a little bit.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
I just got the car in the carport. A few minutes later the check engine light hit on. Cut it off plugged in my Code reader I bought. Turned it on. Hit test and got no test. Just the 000. I hit test and got no test from the reader.
Check engine light on. Fan on. Fuel pump on I believe. And now that it’s inside the carport I believe I hear the injectors just Squirting. With the engine off. Only with the ignition on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online