Callies Compstar crank and rods

kb1982

Reaction score
Think Im going to due a stroker buildup on my 302 in the spring. Ive been looking at alot of 363 stroker kits, from DSS, Scat, and Eagle, but I think I might be piecing one together instead using Compstar 5.4 inch H beam rods and their 3.4 stroke crank, and probably Mahle pistons. Ive read alot of good reviews on thier products on other website, but i was wondering if anyone here has used them?

Brandon123

Reaction score
I've never used them.. but I believe they are pretty high end stuff correct? I'd imagine they are more expensive than the other brands you mentioned. I have a DSS rotating assembly in mine and when I had Jim at fordstrokers build it for me he said it was a Chinese crank but it was straight and looked good to him. How much power do you plan on having? If it's not extremely high then I would weigh the cost difference with spending the money on other stuff.. like a new custom cam for the stroker motor. But you are on the right path with a big bore tho.. I bought my stroker kit before I bought my block and I only have a .030 bore.. the next time I go into my engine I am putting a 4.155 in it.

OP
OP
kb1982

kb1982

Reaction score
Actually the compstar prices are pretty comparable to the other kits. They are made overseas also, but are machined in the US. Im shooting for 650 rwhp. Ill be reusing my Trickflow heads, Holley Systemax Intake, and Vortech v2 supercharger, which currently makes 16 psi with a 2.90 crank pulley. I will definitley be getting a custom cam when the stroker gets under way.

OP
OP
kb1982

kb1982

Reaction score
Sure do. Im running a Dart block currently that ill be reusing also.

OP
OP
kb1982

kb1982

Reaction score
Im not sure what it runs. The tracks here closed down before i could get some oil issues lined out

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
Also depends on what your end goals are. Callies' cranks are pretty high end. I've heard that their rods aren't really worth the money over some eagle or scat rods. If your only looking at 650 you might be able to save some coin or put coin towards another area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online