Camaro Z28 vs The BAB

Downshift

Reaction score
blackfang said:
Good kill. Must have been a stock LS1 or a non driver. Bolt on LS1's run anywhere from low 12's to high11's and the FI ones can be nasty.

Or just that BABs car is a fucking beast.... we all know about ls1s being fast. No offense to blackfang, but soon as ls1 guys hear about one getting beat by a stang for a change they start in with the same old story Must have been stock yada yada.

blackfang

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
blackfang said:
Good kill. Must have been a stock LS1 or a non driver. Bolt on LS1's run anywhere from low 12's to high11's and the FI ones can be nasty.

Or just that BABs car is a fucking beast.... we all know about ls1s being fast. No offense to blackfang, but soon as ls1 guys hear about one getting beat by a stang for a change they start in with the same old story Must have been stock yada yada.

How else would you explain a low 12 second car(that's what he posted) putting 3+ cars on a car that runs 12.8's with bolt ons(which is pretty sad btw)? All these people putting in their opinions and what not, I wonder how many LS1's have they worked on, driven down the track and been involved the community to where they really know what they are talking about. The fact is what a 4V does with a blower is what LS1's are doing with bolt ons. These motors are capable of making 475+ rwhp NA.

Downshift

Reaction score
blackfang said:
5.0wned said:
blackfang said:

How else would you explain a low 12 second car(that's what he posted) putting 3+ cars on a car that runs 12.8's with bolt ons(which is pretty sad btw)? All these people putting in their opinions and what not, I wonder how many LS1's have they worked on, driven down the track and been involved the community to where they really know what they are talking about. The fact is what a 4V does with a blower is what LS1's are doing with bolt ons. These motors are capable of making 475+ rwhp NA.

I never said they wernt good engines or capable of what you said. I have a good friend with a 98 z28 and trust me he tells me that everychance he gets. Im not gonna start comparing an ls1 to a 4.6. They are very different so you can say that about the 4v and blower but then again ls1s have 346ci or so and the 4v only 281. I just think its funny that even on a mustang board that when a guy beats a z28 there is always a ls1 owner saying well it must be stock or bad driver or not as many mods... thats pretty much why anyone loses isnt it? Dont get mad man, im not trying to start stuff with you i was just saying. I like Ls1s I still want one, I was looking for one when I bought my stang.

97blackgt

Reaction score
people who buy mustangs dont buy them for all out performance anyways...

they are two different kinds of beasts, the LS1 is just plain fast, but there are pleanty of upsides to buying our little 4.6's

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.0wned said:
blackfang said:

Well I better not say anything about my piddly 99 Cobra taking a few ::)

cuz it has 8)

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
Wow this thread is great..

The car is a bolt on automatic cobra with a stall... we raced from a roll.
I won..

End of discussion.

You can find cars faster than mine on the internet... that's great.

I even let him take the move and I then hit it...

Good stuff.. l

Factory Freak

Reaction score
Ok, this ones for you Brian (5.0owned) haha. Good race, your Cobra gets up pretty good, nice kill. That sounds about right for an A4 car with Lts/catback/lid. Thats what I'm running with basically the same shit so it sounds like that's how the race should of went. What are your mods?

Factory Freak

Reaction score
also about that top 50 fastest list. That is very respectable to see those times without touching the heads/cam/bottomend. The stock heads/cam are great combos as the "cam only" fastest are only a few tenths quicker in most cases. For christ sakes the fastest stock internal car is trapping around 5-7mph higher than most "cam only" cars. Interesting stuff.

blackfang

Reaction score
I am in no way saying the LS1 is unbeatable, because it is. I am in no way staying they will always be faster, someone is always faster.

What I am saying is that BAB beat either a less skilled driver(full exhaust/intake bolt on LS1 running 12.8's), or a car that didn't make as much power as it should given the 3+ car lead and the info. I even gave him kudo's right off the bat for winning. What I find it hard to believe that people chime on here saying their friends that have bolt on LS1's running times I have seen damn near stock LS1's with a DR run. You also have people here making comments as if they know a little sumthin about them, yet the comments are purely assinine and show they really have no clue about the LS1 and should not even have posted. Yes Greg, I am referring to you. Still waiting for you to back up your claims that a bolt on LS1 won't run 11's...oh wait, I backed up mine like I always do;)

I am different because I have owned both. I race both and not only associate in the Mustang community, but also in the LS1 community. I have been lucky that the car club's I am in has the first ever Forced Induction 6 speed 1st in the 9's and trapping at 148 mph(daily driven and full weight) also that same car making 1000 rwhp in a 3400+ car. Not to mention a few other 600-800+ rwhp LS1 cars. I have personally seen plenty of Bolt on LS1's run mid 11's and seen some stalled auto/bolt on LS1's with a stock 3.23 gear run mid 11's. I am in a different world and see the different side everyday than anyone here and that is why my views are not opinionated, but factual.
Thank You

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
blackfang said:
Not sure how to take that reply, as to me it looks sarcastic.

As far as the mustang/camaro arguement which seems to happen a lot ::), I think most of us including me respect your opinion the most.

I don't think Snakebit was being sarcastic. :dunno:

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
blackfang said:
Not sure how to take that reply, as to me it looks sarcastic.

dont be so defensive. :D

I like Camaros too... well if i had one itd be like a Black SS.... O0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online