can i buy tuned computer

strokn50

Reaction score
got a friend with a firetird and he bought a computer that was tuned to what he has on his car, does anybody sell these for mustangs

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
strokn50 said:
got a friend with a firetird and he bought a computer that was tuned to what he has on his car, does anybody sell these for mustangs

new to the world of electronics for autos huh :hammer: :hammer:

You can get whats referred to a " canned tune" from any of the popular companies like SCT and Diablo. But the best thing to do is get a custom dyno tune.

OP
OP
S

strokn50

Reaction score
yea i need to get a tune done on a dyno but their not cheap

ripper

Reaction score
You dont buy the whole puter just the chip. But like snake said the dyno tune is the best. You will get the chip included in the tune.

ripper

Reaction score
Here in NJ if you allready have the chip its 300 bux. If its first tune and you need chip then 700

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
how much does a dyno tune usually run in price that is?

Here in NC, the tune and chip cost me 500 last time I had one done. That was 2 years ago

scootin95gts

Reaction score
jesus thats kinda $$$ where in NC you get yours tuned at im in Va and im about an 1.5 from nc

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
Here in NJ if you allready have the chip its 300 bux. If its first tune and you need chip then 700

thats fucking crazy. My car is riding the stock tune for ever lol.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Twista said:
Stevo said:

thats fucking crazy. My car is riding the stock tune for ever lol.
well man, its all in what you have and want. If your after maximum performance then you dont mind spending the money, and if you have a well modified motor you NEED to have it dyno tuned. But if you had that many mods anyway......why would you complain about the cash to have it tuned?

I had it done on my 98 because it was pretty well modified and it needed to be tuned, and it was money WELL SPENT I picked up 20rwhp. Thats worth 500 bucks in my opinion :boink:

ripper

Reaction score
If your car is heavily modified like n2o or a blower you MUST get a dyno tune. Otherwise you run the risk of the dreaded detonation or backfire. If you blow the intake threw your hood or break a rod you will wish you had done it.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Stevo said:
If your car is heavily modified like n2o or a blower you MUST get a dyno tune. Otherwise you run the risk of the dreaded detonation or backfire. If you blow the intake threw your hood or break a rod you will wish you had done it.

I wouldn't call putting nitrous on an otherwise stock car HEAVILY Modded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online