Can I wax my car now?

Austinx56

Reaction score
So it’s been exactly a month since I’ve gotten her outta paint, it has some spots and swirls that need to be buffed out, so I’m I safe after a month of letting it cure?
9ecdb8ddc685d29a6fcc6aecd3effd73.jpg
2244b88e9b85e1b8b3086a2c20599ef5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your going to get different varying opinions on this. In my honest opinion I’d ask the guy who did your paint. He’s the one that would have to warranty anything done to it. If you listen to someone else and then later needed warranty work it could cause an issue.

With that said, if the paint has had tons of sunlight and heat and has truly had time then it shouldn’t be an issue, but I stand by my statement above. Talk the the guy.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
So it’s been exactly a month since I’ve gotten her outta paint, it has some spots and swirls that need to be buffed out, so I’m I safe after a month of letting it cure?
9ecdb8ddc685d29a6fcc6aecd3effd73.jpg
2244b88e9b85e1b8b3086a2c20599ef5.jpg

Paint job looks good
I would say wash it and shammie on it
Then the next month take it back to him and have him use a clybar on it

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
Your going to get different varying opinions on this. In my honest opinion I’d ask the guy who did your paint. He’s the one that would have to warranty anything done to it. If you listen to someone else and then later needed warranty work it could cause an issue.

With that said, if the paint has had tons of sunlight and heat and has truly had time then it shouldn’t be an issue, but I stand by my statement above. Talk the the guy.

Thanks for the info, I was told 4 weeks but after dropping 7k I’d kill myself if I ruined it. It has a 5 year warranty

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
Paint job looks good
I would say wash it and shammie on it
Then the next month take it back to him and have him use a clybar on it

Yeah it only has about two spots where there’s orange peel after they did the cut and buff and some swirl marks I could do it myself but if the paint is under warranty should I just let them do it?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it only has about two spots where there’s orange peel after they did the cut and buff and some swirl marks I could do it myself but if the paint is under warranty should I just let them do it?

Better safe than sorry
Let them do it . They screw up it's on them

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
It’s so tempting not to fix it yourself I just hate having my car away

NEURON

Reaction score
Don't wax until all fixed. Waxing is good, but keeping it clean is the most important I have been told by numerous painters.

Reaction score
The only issue with wax or sealants on fresh paint is the outgassing. You can get hazy clear coat is you seal in solvents that are trying to outgas through the paint. If you want to cut and buff the clear, this is a bodyshop technique, they've already done it, it won't hurt anything, as long as you use products for fresh paint that don't have sealants in them. Compound wouldn't, it's for cutting only, but as others have said if it has issues from the original cut and buff that the bodyshop did, why even think about working on it when you already paid them thousands to make it perfect. Just take it back.

myk

Reaction score
That is a gorgeous car. I'd never have to balls to drop 7K on paint but I can see it's totally worth it...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is a gorgeous car. I'd never have to balls to drop 7K on paint but I can see it's totally worth it...

$7k on a paint job is nothing anymore. That’s about the average cost of getting a total spray. Get into some of the higher end specialty colors and you can start climbing over $10-15k quickly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online