Car wont Start?

xlilzeex

Reaction score
yeah, exactly what the title says, the stang wont start. I pulled up to an ATM last night around 4 am coming home from work and i turned the car off for a second just to make a deposit, and when i tried to start it back up, nothing. I have power, radio works, headlights, etc. Anyone know what the deal is? Could it be the starter...alternator and how do i know for sure? One thing i should add, sometimes when going to start my car and it wont, i have to move my shifter down and back up to park, then it will start. If someone could figure this out, ill send u $1,000,000..........in monopoly money?

95-stang

Reaction score
I would guess maybe the inhibitor switch, but i'm not up on the auto box in the sn95, usually its there so you cant start the car in anything other than park and neutral to avoid accidents. The fact moving the shifter around affected it, could point to it.

You want my Paypal address now i suppose. :dancing6:

S

scarface

95-stang said:
I would guess maybe the inhibitor switch, but i'm not up on the auto box in the sn95, usually its there so you cant start the car in anything other than park and neutral to avoid accidents. The fact moving the shifter around affected it, could point to it.

You want my Paypal address now i suppose. :dancing6:
+1

OP
OP
X

xlilzeex

Reaction score
thanx guys and good one on the pay pal address O0 haha. Where is the inhibitor switch located, and is it an expensive fix if it is the problem?

95-stang

Reaction score
Neutral Safety and Back-up Light Switches

Its on the gearbox under the car, sorry but the drawings didnt come out

ADJUSTMENT
NOTE: For this procedure, the Ford MLP/TR Sensor Alignment Tool T93P-70010-A, or equivalent, is required.

Apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels and position the transmission gearshift in Neutral.
Raise and support the front of the car safely using jackstands.
From under the vehicle, loosen the two sensor mounting bolts.

Fig. 1: To adjust the TR sensor, loosen the two mounting bolts . . .

Fig. 2: . . . and install the alignment tool to properly position the sensor, then retighten the mounting bolts

Install the alignment tool (T93P-70010-A or equivalent) onto the MLP sensor to align it, tighten the retaining bolts to 62–88 inch lbs. (7–10 Nm), then remove the alignment tool.
Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.
Verify proper switch operation.
Position the transmission in Park, then remove the wheel blocks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online