Casper the Cobra - Procharged 96' Cobra

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
I’m not planning on deleting anything. Thr guy included a Gen 2 fuel rail but in order to use it I would have to delete the high pressure fuel pump.

With 12 to 1 compression and wanting to use my Procharger I’m not deleting the direct injection.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I’m not planning on deleting anything. Thr guy included a Gen 2 fuel rail but in order to use it I would have to delete the high pressure fuel pump.

With 12 to 1 compression and wanting to use my Procharger I’m not deleting the direct injection.
Ok, I got you now. You just need to get a gen 3 rail so you can use port injection.

Also, 12:1 compression is no problem with the coyote and boost. The direct injection isn't what makes that possible, it's the efficiency of the heads and the ability to move the cams around and change cylinder pressure.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Ok, I got you now. You just need to get a gen 3 rail so you can use port injection.

Also, 12:1 compression is no problem with the coyote and boost. The direct injection isn't what makes that possible, it's the efficiency of the heads and the ability to move the cams around and change cylinder pressure.
I just like the idea that direct injection would have a cooling effect on the cylinder. Still not sure what I’m going to do for fueling right now.

May initially run what I have while I’m NA and figure out the rest later.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
It's winter and not much to update, but I did get a set of 18+ Mustang GT intake and exhaust camshafts.

Final hard to find used items needed are an 18+ fuel rail, affordable coils, and need to find the part numbers to get rid of the IMRC delete, so I can add the functionality back...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
It's winter and not much to update, but I did get a set of 18+ Mustang GT intake and exhaust camshafts.

Final hard to find used items needed are an 18+ fuel rail, affordable coils, and need to find the part numbers to get rid of the IMRC delete, so I can add the functionality back...
Imrc canisters don’t fit in our cars. They hit the firewall.

You really don’t need them, especially if you are boosting it.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

You won’t need the IMRCs. Coyotes aren’t like older modular engines that sometimes can feel “gutless” in low speed situations. You will be pleasantly surprised.

I’ll keep an eye open for the parts you’re seeking.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Imrc canisters don’t fit in our cars. They hit the firewall.

You really don’t need them, especially if you are boosting it.

You won’t need the IMRCs. Coyotes aren’t like older modular engines that sometimes can feel “gutless” in low speed situations. You will be pleasantly surprised.

I’ll keep an eye open for the parts you’re seeking.

If it saves me parts I have to track down or purchase I'm good with it. I'm not sure if I will be boosted immediately as the Procharger bracket for the Coyote is like $1300 by itself...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online