Catted Mac Hpipe+Emission

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Would this setup most likly pass a emission test? My car has 6 cats on it normally and this midpipe woould only have 2 cats. Anyone else running this midpipe and passing emission with no problems?

thanks

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
do you run stock cats, smog, and rest of your emmissions still?

my car is 100% stock right now (97 gt) I want to get a MAC catted H pipe and flowmasters, but i wanna stay emission legal.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Twista said:
Would this setup most likly pass a emission test? My car has 6 cats on it normally and this midpipe woould only have 2 cats. Anyone else running this midpipe and passing emission with no problems?

thanks

6 cats? What kind of car do you have? My 94 has two cats and two resonators on the stock h-pipe. As far as passing inspection with the mac catted H, just run low ocatne and I heard something about two bottles of iso heet helping to get the car running a little leaner and cleaner. Where are you from, b/c some states will not pass you with an aftermarket cat, New Jersey is one example of that.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Twista said:

thanks

6 cats? What kind of car do you have? My 94 has two cats and two resonators on the stock h-pipe. As far as passing inspection with the mac catted H, just run low ocatne and I heard something about two bottles of iso heet helping to get the car running a little leaner and cleaner. Where are you from, b/c some states will not pass you with an aftermarket cat, New Jersey is one example of that.

I was wondering about the 6 cats also ???

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
94gtstang50 said:
Twista said:

thanks

I was wondering about the 6 cats also ???

well ..
mine has 4 cats and 2 resonators? whatever a resonator is lol. Im from illinois btw.
hpip7.jpg

94gtstang50

Reaction score
The first "things" after the exhaust mainfold should be the resonators, and the other four are the cats. Not sure about how strict they are in illinois though.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
the first two things were empty on my stock h and I was told that they were resonator pipes. They have some sort of weird engineering purpose.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
if you are worried about getting caught buy the police just gut your cats out pretty easy to do

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
With an aftermarket catted H-Pipe in CA you may pass the sniffer test :dancing6: but will fail the visual. :police:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I gutted my cats last week (they were clogged b/c of a rich a/f mixture) and have inspection this week, any tips on how to pass the sniffer?

STNG_96

Reaction score
I cant even count how many times this has been said on this entire site. 96-98 cars came with SIX, once again, SIX cats, and 94-95 cars came with FOUR, count them, FOUR cats. And as previously stated, whether or not yo0u pass will depend on what state you live in.