Catted X or H with a Blown 5.0?????

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have the FMS shorty headers and magnaflow cat backs 2.5". I'm thinking of a catted X or H pipe for my application. I don't want to lose any low end torque. Which one would you guys recommend if any? and what brand? I have an S-Trim Vortech with 3:55's.

Thanks

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
In my exp with O/R H and X's. The H always gave me throaty tone with low end torque and the opposite with the X. I'm not sure with cats b/c I never ran them. BBK and MAC make nice pipes. MAC Pro-Chamber would be nice also, IMO.

Z28 This

Reaction score
i have O/R bbk h pipe with MAC catback and i think it sounds badass...i prefer it over my old cars exhaust which mac pro chamber o/r h pipe with 2 chamber flows dumped...

OP
OP

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the input!!

I think I will go with the H pipe. I want the low end torque, and from what I have gathered, the H pipe will give me that. I have also heard that Blown motors work a little better with H pipes. I think the catted BBK is what I will end up getting. Is Summit a good place to my mid pipes from for the $$$$?

Thanks

OP
OP

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I did a lot more research and I've decided to go with the Bassani X with high flow Cats. Should be coming in sometime in the next week. I'll let you guys know what I think about it after the install. :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online