CCRM relocation

ba#97

Reaction score
Has anyone relocated their ccrm and if so where? with pics preferably. I need to on my 95 GTS to fit my canton aluminum coolant overflow tank, and want it to be kind of a clean look without having to extend any wires hopefully.

95opal

Reaction score
Mines in the passenger fenderwell right on the frame rail. Don't think youll have to extend any wires just don't hold me to that as theres nothing stock about any of my harnesses or routing.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful, if your car is all stock nice and tidy, those wires are gonna be brittle.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I found the factory loom was brittle but the wires were fine. As he said you don't need too extend anything to put it in the fender. I would post a pic but cardomain is all f'd up and I am not sure where my stuff is now...

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
alright sounds good, yeah the wires on it aren't bad at all, just the loom like ttocs said. I will rewrap them if need be anyways. if someone could put up a pic of this location they moved it to so I can get a visual idea of it...it would be greatly appreciated! lol. i just need a visual really. did you guys need to make a bracket for it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I re-wrapped mine with split tech flex much better stuff then the old loom. No need to make a bracket. I held it in place and drilled some small holes. Then I made the holes bigger and tapped them so I could have the stud come out and hold the ccrm with a nylon nut. I would recommend extending the spout for the timing and I did extend a bunch of abs wires.

DSC01004-1.jpg

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
hm...well that definitely gives me a better visual but I can't make that work, I have to move it somewhere else inside the engine bay still because I need all the clearance I can get in the fenderwells. this being a track car and all. I was thinking I might be able to make it fit underneath the cold air intake maybe....hm.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Remember that my car is bagged so while its aired up in that pic I can still slam it down and not have any issues.

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
did you put the fenderliners back in over it to keep it away from water and all? i'm planning on pulling my fender liners all together, if you don't have issues with rubbing on it with a bagged car then I don't see why I wouldn't be good to go either I guess. the wiring on mine is pretty frickin stiff...how easy was it for you to get it located there? I guess all I would be worried about is debris and water getting to it at that point.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I will be putting the fender liners back in on mine, but the engine bay is subj to splashing just like the fenders and with the type of connector it has with the bolt in the middle holding it I don't think it would be an issue short of driving through a monsoon and flooding it. Hopefully they call the race before that.... But it could go under the intake with out much trouble at all, its up too you.

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
I will be putting the fender liners back in on mine, but the engine bay is subj to splashing just like the fenders and with the type of connector it has with the bolt in the middle holding it I don't think it would be an issue short of driving through a monsoon and flooding it. Hopefully they call the race before that.... But it could go under the intake with out much trouble at all, its up too you.

awesome...I am going to attempt both and see what will work best for my application but at least I have some options now.

venom

Reaction score
I have had mine inside the fender for years with no issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevBott

Members online