Check Engine Light - Code 1443 - Torn Vacuum Hose Help

YUNG VEEZU

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've noticed for a few weeks my gas mileage has really gone down. Then after filling the car up, I smelled a light fuel presence inside the car, and as I was driving my Check Engine Light popped up. Ran the code, it was Code 1443. So I decided to look under the hood to see if there were any obvious leaks, and I found this:

j5gv8x.png

The hose was completely torn off. I'm assuming from this diagram the hose is the "Fuel Vapor" hose going from the Carbon Casiter to the Solenoid.

2ryr8jn.png

Does anyone know the exact part # of this hose? And how long it is? For a 1997 Cobra
I have little experience with fuel lines so any help is appreciated, thanks

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That line can be cut and re-clamped onto the canister. Mine broke where it meets the canister and I simply cut it shorter and stuck it back on... No problems so far

OP
OP
YUNG VEEZU

YUNG VEEZU

Reaction score
That line can be cut and re-clamped onto the canister. Mine broke where it meets the canister and I simply cut it shorter and stuck it back on... No problems so far

the line seems to be stretched out too much already, when I pull on the line its like a rubberband extended..would you happen to know the part #?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
the line seems to be stretched out too much already, when I pull on the line its like a rubberband extended..would you happen to know the part #?

I see... I don't know the part number, but if it were me I would remove the hose and take it to your local parts store and see what kind of bulk lines they have. You can find one the same size and cut it to the needed length