Checked out a Maverick today

PinkieT

Reaction score
My wife and I checked out a Maverick in person today. It was a sold vehicle so we couldn't drive it. Our opinion: it is a roomy compact car with a big open trunk. We sometimes have to take my mother in law places and she would not be able to get in the front seat. I sat in the passenger front and adjusted it to fit then sat behind it - I fit my 5'10" 205 lb. self in the back but it wasn't where I would want to spend several hours on a road trip. My opinion: at the price, it would be a good alternative to a new compact car for a single or couple, or would make a good commuter or second vehicle for a family. I'll give Ford credit for making an inexpensive vehicle that nobody else has anything like. Oh, yeah, we parked next to Mustang Mach-E and thought it was ugly. We did like the Bronco we saw on the lot, though.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I’ve been hearing a lot of folks that were interested in the maverick. Thanks for the review, I’m sure some folks here are going to find it useful.

delling3

Reaction score
The Maverick is reportedly selling very well. I am not sure I would want a front-wheel drive pick up with little payload or towing capacity, but I would agree that it might be a good alternative to whatever econobox is available from Kia. I understood the Maverick was primarily designed for sales in the "developing world" markets, but Ford decided to see what it might do in the U.S.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
It's popular enough that the hybrid version is sold out until next summer. The turbocharged gas version standard towing capacity is 2,000 pounds, but the towing package brings it up to 4,000 pounds. AWD is optional. Dealers are asking and getting thousands above sticker for the turbos.

Akurma

Reaction score
I genuinely like the new Mavericks, like you said Ford is making an inexpensive and practical new vehicle that others aren't. Dealers asking thousands above sticker is another issue.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I am strongly considering getting one of these for my wife. She commutes about 60miles a day for work and I think this would be a perfect year round vehicle for her. Should do fairly well in the snow and great gas mileage.

delling3

Reaction score
The amazing thing is, I went onto the FORD website and "built" a loaded version, turbo/AWD, Lariat edition, and was able to get the price up to $40K!!!

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
I "built" a XLT hybrid 2wd with the luxury package (400W/110V inverter, bed tie-down locking rails, spray-in bed liner, full-size spare, heated mirror, heated seats, remote start, heated steering wheel, leather steering wheel, trailer hitch and wiring, LED box lighting, remote start) and a sliding glass window for $27k including destination charge.

tinnocker

Reaction score
I saw one this week in a parking lot and didn't care for the looks. If I was in the market, I would step up to the Ranger.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m considering a Maverick but waiting for the Hybrid. Love my Ram 1500 single cab with 157k and NO problems. Makes it a hard pill to swallow getting into payments again given I own all 3 of my vehicles outright.
Comes down to: will payments + the lesser amount of gas (at estimated 35-42mpg) be same/less than the Ram @ 17mpg??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online