Checking in from San Diego!

BrightBlue94

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my names Jacob and I've been creeping on here for a few weeks. Finally made an account and figured I should introduce myself and give a brief history of my car!

Bought the car off my Uncle last April for a whooping $15 (He didn't want to keep storing it and my '97 E420 had just crapped out on me)
I had never driven stick and the car was located in Sacramento, so I flew up one weekend, learned how to drive the damn thing, and drive it about 700 miles home.
I don't have pictures of the car when I first got it, but here it is a few weeks after getting it home.

I had plasti-dipped the rims because they made me sad and I didn't have enough money to do anything else to it at the time.

Eventually I scrapped together enough cash to get a cheapish paint job which actually turned out surprisingly well.

Eventually I pulled the wing off and picked up a set of stock Bullitts from a buddy for $300

Me and my buddy's '98 Cobra

One day, while I was merging on to the 805 Freeway, I decided that I really didn't like my headlights and the only logical option was to smash into the back of a Corolla at 7mph

Luckily, the guys car had little to no damage. He also was a mexican national with a temporary insurance card, needless to say I lucked out.

Backed my baby in to the garage and began to tear the front end apart.

Ended up replacing my front impact absorbers because they were bent something fierce, luckily there was no frame damage from the accident!

After 2 and a half months of working on her in my spare time and jumping through hoops for the DMV, I finally had my girl back!

Picked up a color matched hood on CL for $100 gave her a bath!

This is how she sits right now, apologies for the shit quality iPhone pictures, I really need to invest in a better camera.

I'm going to get the front end aligned tomorrow and I'm hoping to pick up some fatter rear tires when I get paid next week. After that it's a modest 1.5" drop and a set of 3.5" tips and I'll have the car at a stopping point for a while. When I start back up after the semster is over I want to find one of the Terminator style hoods and get the front end repainted.

Anyways, super stoked to get involved with the community!

lutter94

Reaction score
Car looks great! Need some wheel spacers in the rear too. What did you pay for said "cheapish" paint job? Turned out great!

I'd put the spoiler back on, but thats just me :)

OP
OP
B

BrightBlue94

Reaction score
I'm actually going to pick up a set of 17x10.5 Bullitt's to match the front 17x8's. Probably gonna wrap them in Nitto Motivo's so I won't have to worry about driving with them in the rain this winter!