Chilton or Haynes

916_5.0

Reaction score
I have seen both of them and they both are pretty good books good step by step processes. I have tge Haynes book but for some reason like the chiltons a bit more. I would have gotten the chiltons but by buddy works a a store where they only have Haynes and i could get it for free so i figured i would get the Haynes and save the money lol.

OP
OP
W

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
Thanks, I was just wondering I'm gonna go buy one this week just to have an thought maybe you guys would have the insight on which one is better. How come you like the Chilton better?

The Green GT

Reaction score
I like Haynes better. Mainly because of one bolt the Chiltons said to remove on my old truck, which I actually did NOT need to remove, and when i took it out, the entire engine and tranny shifted about 1/16th of an inch, and it took me almost all day to get it back in.

S

scarface

I use chiltons, but thats just because thats what the local parts store sells.

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
i use both and sometimes there the same and sometimes there different. its just a matter of personal choice. but think of it this way.....u cant have to much info so buy both. lol

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah they both have good insight and are good books. Im not sure why i just like something about the way chiltons has there stuff sectioned and explained more hard to explain but just look at both of them at the store and see what ya like. You wont go wrong with either.

916_5.0

Reaction score
I think all this talk has made me decide to go buy a chiltons book too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online