Civic for Lunch, I think I've got some V-Tech in my teeth!

Mustang_Sally

Reaction score
On the highway getting harassed by a 96-98 Civic with a fart can the size of my head. He pulls into the slow lane and is cruising back and forth trying to get my attention. We pass a wicked curve up in the mountains and reach a 2 mile straight away with a slight downhill, and I let the 5.0 loose. It's an AODE so no fancy shifting, just banging through the gears. Hit 115 and I'm looking to my right to try and see his bumper/hood or any piece of his ride...no where to be seen. I look in the rear view, and he is about 6 car lengths behind me and trrrrying to catch up. After about a mile I knock it down to 85 and take my exit, he follows rolls down the window and said, "If I wasn't so ****in' fat, I woulda had your a$$"! I died laughing.

coolface.jpg :cool:

Just had to share how good it feels to kick a ricers ass in a stock 5.0!

Mustang_Sally

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
i've beaten a few ricers in a stock v6 too haha.
some people just really suck at driving i guess. sounds like a fun little race you had :D

hondarocks61

Reaction score
Just another smoked ricer! I do like pork fried rice.. mmmmm......

sn95jones

Reaction score
Man i cant tell you how many times ive made them look like fool, i had a 07ish civic Si try to race me tonight but my phone rang so i took the call and he backed off. I did race an acura tl type S few months back and he just couldnt keep up as hard as he tried. Ill give him credit it was a good race but i had him by about 3 car lengths and still pulling

Raffaelli

Reaction score
Friend in collage had a EG hatch, stripped out with a b16....
I embarrassed him with my 4cyl Toyota truck. Wasn't even funny.

Now otoh, I did some heads on a 03 Acura 3.2cl 5 speed, that thing would have given my 13.90 mustang a gooood run for its money.

I guess you need to compare apples to apples.

FrankenStang

Reaction score
some of em ricers can haul balls though....ive seeen some stock looking civics running 11's....

sn95jones

Reaction score
some of em ricers can haul balls though....ive seeen some stock looking civics running 11's....

Those arent ricers...
A ricer is someone who makes their car out faster to be than it really is, and no exterior modifications dont make them a ricer... I hate when people over use the term ricer and have no idea what it really means.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
EDIT

I don't even bother, all i do is give them a good rev and they back off. I had a ctsv giving me a hard time the other day, gave it one good rev and he (edit)) probably laughed that I thought he would even bother.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Gotta put the ricers in place, good job with a stock 5.0

Gotta be careful with some of them out there though; I ran into a riced out integra once that revved at me and I went for it. Little did I know it was running a t3t4 turbo lol. No ricer BOV that was audible either. Either way I still put 6 cars on it from a 20 roll in my 4.10 geared Cobra XD

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't even bother, all i do is give them a good rev and they back off. I had a ctsv giving me a hard time the other day, gave it one good rev and he backed of, probably thought i was crazy modified or something cause he could have dusted me.

:rolleyes:

lol

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In the summer when i was just running my v6 I had to go against a civic on the 1/4. It was an all motor v6 civic on street tires. I believe it ran low 13s? It was the stupidest thing ever. Had a huge bulge on the front of the hood and everyone called it the unicorn car. Total sleeper other than the hood.

the.greg

Reaction score
Actually in my opinion a v6 sleeper civic that can do low 13s n/a is fairly cool, especially if it was a sleeper, not a ricer like you said. I'm sure the bulge was to clear the intake. Especially considering it is fast enough to beat almost everyone posting in this thread.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Actually in my opinion a v6 sleeper civic that can do low 13s n/a is fairly cool, especially if it was a sleeper, not a ricer like you said. I'm sure the bulge was to clear the intake. Especially considering it is fast enough to beat almost everyone posting in this thread.

Yeah. i was snooping around at what was in my class. Took a glance and didnt think much of it as it was just all motor v6. Very quickly learned my lesson. I tree'd him so bad, but he caught up. And yeah it wasnt rice at all, very stock looking no stupid exhaust. The car was built for a purpose, it was kinda cool.

Ended up getting 2nd in the whole event for my class. Smoked a couple of ricey rsx's that were very cocky and thought they would eat my v6 mustang.

the.greg

Reaction score
Yeah. i was snooping around at what was in my class. Took and glance and didnt think much of it as it was just all motor v6. Very quickly learned my lesson. I tree'd him so bad, but he caught up. And yeah it wasnt rice at all, very stock looking no stupid exhaust. The car was built for a purpose, it was kinda cool.

Ended up getting 2nd in the whole event for my class. Smoked a couple of ricey rsx's that were very cocky and thought they would eat my v6 mustang.
Sounds awesome man. Its very nice to see you actually run your car at a track instead of revving at ctsv's to terrify them into submission or racing civics over 100 mph on the street in 15 second turds... (Insert epic facepalm here)

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds awesome man. Its very nice to see you actually run your car at a track instead of revving at ctsv's to terrify them into submission or racing civics over 100 mph on the street in 15 second turds... (Insert epic facepalm here)
Thanks man. I'm very slow, but im excited to see what ill run with the supercharger, tuned, bugs worked out and some more experience. Hopefully can pull something respectable. I love the track, even if i end up being one of the slowest car during the day it's so much fun. I race to beat my own time and improve. Want to get into autocross and everything too.

drake

Reaction score

my thought exactly....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Staff online

Members online