cleaning IMRC

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
good a lot of young cobra owners like myself lmfao

im not touchin the imrc's on this car tho.. they seem to be clean and in good working order

and it doesnt run like shit if you just take them out, you can either make your own or buy a set of deletes. either way itll be ok.. just to get the most out of it youll need a tune. to adjust the fuel and timing

Haha hell yeah! Well than again they are just 96-98 Cobras lol. People get surprised to see someone so young in a Cobra.

If it ain't broken don't mess with them. have you checked for one of those silent codes that don't turn the CEL on but you still have it? Not sure if that makes sense lol. I don't have the light on, scanned it and sure enough I had a code for stuck open. As far as I recall didn't your car have 72k miles? If they haven't been cleaned might be a good idea to prevent future headaches. Mines at 67k miles and they are stuck lol.

So I take it yours ran well with no tune as well? I have an SCT and I was advised that BAMA has tunes for IMRC deletes. I might just delete them and take advantage of the free tunes. Even though I think they suck lol

i dunno, they dont remove. from what i remember, there are retainers inside the 3 square holes between the ports.

i had a code for the IMRC's a while back and i cant remember if it was a stuck closed or open, but i had cleared all my codes and it hasnt returned. now im only throwing codes for my o/r x-pipe with no MIL eliminators

Ah I hope so. If not you would have had leaks already. I figured there might be some retainers to hold them in. That's good news. I might try the same than.
A lot of the 3V motors use a setup similar to 96-98 IMRC's, also certain years of the 3.8L V6 use IMRC's, and also many of the dohc V6 motors use the exact same IMRC setup as 96-98 cobras/mark VIII.

+1

this is why i would never buy a 96-98 cobra wtf r they even for ? (sorry danny) no effense ur car looks good but , why did ford put those in there just something else to go wrong .... wounder if u can delete them all together ? hmmmmmmm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online