Clutch Cable Question

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Well necessity is the mother of invention... a week and a half ago I was rear ended in my DD. The other driver fled, but I got the plate... and finally got the owners information. Their insurance company was predictably awful, so I filed through my own. Come to find out the first agent who signed us up a million years ago never added rental coverage... so I either get to use awful insurance, pay for the rental and add that to subrogation, or drive the Cobra...

When I pulled this thread up I saw the old picture and I'm pretty sure the adjuster is not nearly as far out. I think I'm going to adjust it out again tonight and if that works, I'm going to order the UPR Quick Click adjuster that locks (based on Fiore design). This may be as simple as the cable loosening over time because the adjuster is being pushed in. I'd much rather drive the Cobra than pay for a rental that I may never see reimbursement for... and I want my 4Runner fixed right as I have no plans on getting a new DD anytime soon.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
I have the UPR click version, it holds position well.
I spent some time adjusting it back out as compared to the pictures it had worked itself pretty loose, and upon firing up it went into gear easily.

Tomorrow I’m going to take it for a spin to make sure the clutch engages and disengages well and I’ll be ordering the UPR micro click adjuster. Just don’t want to over-tighten it to the point the clutch is always disengaged.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
My Fiore has served me well over the years. But I splooged on the end-all kit from Modern Driveline...

Hydraulic Clutch Kit

It's going in soon!
Yeah my research was that when Fiore went under the design moved to Lethal Performance and now UPR. The local shop recommended the UPR micro click when I talked to them.

Still keeping my appointment only now I can get my rear lower control arms installed!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online