Clutch quadrant adjustment woes

Vaca2097

Reaction score
So my tob has been chirping lately. It was fairly subdued to the point where I was the only one noticing it but of course I couldn't leave well enough alone. The clutch is strong and I wanted to hold off on replacing it and the tob until next summer, so I adjusted the clutch quadrant. It took three clicks to silence things (takes at least a quarter of the pedal travel before it stops making noise without the adjustment). The problem is that this raises the clutch pedal grab point very high, nearly to the top.

I was afraid maybe the clutch wasn't fully engaging with it so high so I reverted back to where it was. The problem now is that the tob is considerably louder than before the first adjustment. So now I readjust to the high engagement or listen to that annoying noise. I baby my car but it sounds like I'm beating the brakes of it, it's embarrassing. Will adjusting three clicks out put extra wear on the clutch?

I've also seen posts of people lubing the tob through an access panel with three of those little red wd40 straws and lithium grease or some such. Any viability with that method?