Cobra Brake Pad Install

lutter94

Reaction score
Bought new cobra brake pads, calipers, rotors. Assembling the calipers before I get back home, but couldn't find this answer anywhere. Found the pic online, but is this guy missing a clip on the higher side? It came with clips, but I don't know if it even has clearance for them.

image001.jpg

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
I have them assembled, took a little the first time. But some vids I've seen clips on both sides of the pads. The pic above has a metal clip on the pin side, but the other side (towards the top of the pic) doesn't. The pads metal backing slides in the bracket, no clip in between the two.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
Oh okay I see what you're saying now. I don't think they have upper clips, but I can't remember offhand..

You are correct. They don't have clips on both sides, just one. The clip is more of a spring. It pushes the pads in the opposite direction to create a snug fit.

OP
OP
L

lutter94

Reaction score
Sounds good. Anyone ever have problems snapping the new pads into the caliper? These are part of the powerstop kit, they went in hard. I mean, any harder and something would require modification. Don't look forward to having to take them back out.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
It seems like brake pads are made shitter and shitter anymore. They almost never fit properly. I've had to grind down the.. Nub, for lack of better words, that fits into the caliper bracket slot a number of times on new pads. You may have had a set that could have used some filing or grinding. It's usually not much, but enough to make installation either impossible or near impossible

9838stang

Reaction score
Mine have them on the outside pad only. I have broke mine 2 times now. crappy cheap pads. But i bought some nice pads now from napa and they work great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott