Cobra brake upgrade

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 95-stang, Jan 28, 2007.

1. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

I'm not too happy with the PBR calipers i got for my car, and i dont want to skimp on the brakes.
    Best alternative for the money seems to be the M-2300-Q which seems to about $539 on average.
    Has any one seen it at a better price, plus i need shipping to the UK, which a lot of places will not do. ???

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

I bought all my brake stuff thru our sponsor stangsuspension, he has great prices, I think it was about $450 for 10th anny red calipers, SS lines, Slotted/Drilled Rotors. Thats front only. I find www.stangsuspension.com has the cheapest prices. Use cupon code "SN95DISC" for a discount.

3. 95-stang

Do you reckon the Red calipers and discs are better than the full Cobra upgrade package which includes lines, master cylinder, rotors etc?
    I dont want to spend more than is needed, but dont want to skimp on stuff either.
    I sent them an e-mail btw. :)

4. thorco3

thorco3 Well-Known Member

IMHO it's best to make your own package basically. This way you can peice together exactly what you want.

On my sixer I had mach calipers, power slot rotors, ss lines in the front and a baer 13" kit in the rear, as well as some new pads of course all the way around. After swapping all that out I did a complete brake fluid flush and put in some nice "exceeds dot 3 & 4" brake fluid" I was very, very, pleased with the entire setup.

So that would be my whole experience with brake upgrades, and because of that I would say to keep all ur stuff like hard lines, master cylinder, etc. unless any of it is just damaged or something.

gl with everything :drunk:

5. 95-stang

I e -mailed him via his site, replied quickly, he asked what i wanted, told him, asked for a price inc shipping, that was about a week ago.
    No wonder i keep going back to Summit. ;)
    Unless anyone knows anywhere else that might ship to the UK ?

6. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

Weird hes usually super fast on the responce, try art from our other sponsor artsperformanceparts.com hes an awesome guy and shouldnt leave you haning and replys fast.

7. 95-stang

Thanks, but he doesnt seem to list Ford Racing stuff. :(

Accufab
    Aeromotive
    AFR
    Arts Performance Parts Products
    Amsoil Products (Oil and More)
    Barry Grant Fuel Products
    C&L
    Flaming River
    Jet Hot
    Kirban
    LPW Racing Products
    MAC
    Maximum Motorsports
    Metco
    MSD Ignition Products
    Moser
    Pa Performance
    Pypes Exhaust
    QA1
    SLP Performance Products
    Spec
    Steeda
    Trickflow
    UPR
    Walbro

8. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

not trying to take business away from sponsors but if you are having problems finding what ya want check out www.buyfordracing.com. They ship anywhere i believe and prices are good(i dont think anyone has them beat on the brake setup)

9. 95-stang

Thanks, well i like to try sponsors first, but some firms are a bit shy about shipping overseas.
    I will try Ford Racing. ;)

10. 95-stang

Well i wasnt happy with the PBR's after i cleaned them up, terrible condition for just 4 years old.
    I ordered a Cobra upgrade kit from CJ Pony Parts, $500 plus shipping, then there are the robbing thieves at
    customs who really spoil it all by adding tax to it. :(

11. ylw95gts

ylw95gts Member

I bought my kit through them. (Cobra calipers, rotors and s.s. lines) Great price at $359 shipped but the customer service guy was a dick.

12. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

i freakin hate that, when they offer a good product, and they ship it out fast, then the customer service sucks ass.

13. thorco3

so how difficult was the cobra brake install on your guys 94/95's? I had a complete cobra setup on my 98 and 13" rotors in the rear, but it's my understanding that you have to swap the master cyclinder and do a some work on the hardlines when upgrading the 95's to cobra brakes...

14. 95-stang

It seems GT and Cobra master cylinders have different fittings, so they are not mixed up during prodution line fitting.
    You will need a brake flaring tool if you go with the Cobra master when you alter the brake pipe unions.
    However i have heard that you can run with the GT master, its just a different feel to the pedal.
    I'm sure someone here has tried it.

15. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

i run my stock one and its fine. pedal feel is a lil stiffer, but to me feels better.

16. thorco3

I would actually prefer a stiffer brake pedal... I didn't have to mess with the master cyl at all on my 98. Couldn't I just swap the 98's master cylinder with the 95's or would that not be any different?

17. Pennywise2

Pennywise2 Active Member

I would go with the Cobra brake kit.
    I seen some good deals on brake kits here.
    www.ebay.com