Cobra Brakes... Someone enlighten me

Downshift

Reaction score
Ok so my brakes have been on the downhill for a couple months now. The front rotors are getting a little rough so I figured I would just upgrade them in 2 months or so.

The fronts, now I have been seeing all kinds of kits with rotors, lines and calipers. I thought there were brackets involved with the fronts? On the complete front and rear they have moan bracers and mounting brackets. I cant seem to find any Front only kits that come with brackets so are there any brackets for the front or is it just get the rotors lines and calipers. (sounds wrong to me).

The rears. If I did decide to upgrade the rears, the cobra rears and GT calipers were the same just the size of the rotor and a bracket moving from the caliper were the difference right?

Thanks in advance.

95-stang

Reaction score
My turn to help. [i hope] i went with the Cobra upgrade kit, it came with everything, you can buy the calipers everywhere, but not the mounting brakets it seems, they came in the kit with the calipers, discs, pads, hoses, fittings and master cylinder.
I know theres probably loads of better options, [maybe cheaper too] but i just wanted it to bolt straight on which it did, just have to change 2 brake unions if you decide to use the master cylinder.
After weighing up the expense in converting the rear, the actual standard cobra spec was'nt that better as your spot on with the difference at the back.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The front caliper includes the bracket thats why you don't see them for sale seperately.

You are correct the rear calipers are basically the same just a bigger rotor and you need caliper mounting brackets to move the calipers out farther ( I have a set of these 4 sale if you need them)

Best place i found the front kit when i was shopping was www.buyfordracing.com

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i peiced mine together from Stangsuspention.com....with the discount code it was cheaper than buyfordracing

Foster98GT

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
i peiced mine together from Stangsuspention.com....with the discount code it was cheaper than buyfordracing
How Much Cheaper?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
(((Foster98GT))) said:
SRT Handz said:
How Much Cheaper?

well i got Cobra Calipers, Brakes lines, and Slotted rotors all for cheaper than the for racing kit....plus i got slotted rotors and braided lines...the Ford racing kit only comes with regular rotors and rubber lines.

i got my slotted rottors from Rotorpros.com

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
The front caliper includes the bracket thats why you don't see them for sale seperately.

You are correct the rear calipers are basically the same just a bigger rotor and you need caliper mounting brackets to move the calipers out farther ( I have a set of these 4 sale if you need them)

Best place i found the front kit when i was shopping was www.buyfordracing.com

Ah that makes sense haha. Thanks for the answers guys. Droptop is that all I would need other then the rotors to be all set in the back? Let me know a price.

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
buyfordracing's kit has braided SS lines, not rubber.

mustangtuning doesn't have ss lines and charges something like $70 extra for them i think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online