Cobra Brakes

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So as the title says, I want to get some cobra brakes for my 95 GT. However, here is my question. For now I just want to do the Fronts and not the rears. I dont have the money atm. If (or can) I do this and if so, what all do I need? I see the kits on stangsuspension etc, but it also requires the Master Cylinder as well doesnt it?

So yeah.. about how much will this all run anyway? I was thinking about 550... is that too low?

95-stang

Reaction score
It does'nt actually need the Cobra master cylinder, i did'nt change mine till recently [bought the full kit].
Just means if you leave the standard one on, the pedal is that little bit harder.

ylw95gts

Reaction score
I bought the kit which had rotors, loaded calipers and St. Stl. lines. No master cylinder. Best upgrade you can do! O0

waltnono

Reaction score
Before you dump a ton of money into a new front brake system try buying some high quality brake pads like Hawk, Carbotech or wilwood. Don't buy that stuff they call high performace from the discount auto parts stores. Any three of those pads will cut down you stopping distance and then is you still need more then I would look into upgrading to a dual piston setup. :thumb:

p-351

Reaction score
That's good advice if you're on a tight budget and want to make what you have work. However, if you know that you're going to want to upgrade to 13" stuff down the road anyways why not source the Cobra stuff right off the bat? That's what I'm doing with the wife's 94GT. buyfordracing.com has a very good deal going on right now for the Cobra/Mach 1 brakes w/ss brake lines; $299 for the Mach 1 stuff.

Suspect

Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
I bought the kit which had rotors, loaded calipers and St. Stl. lines. No master cylinder. Best upgrade you can do! O0
+1

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
95-stang said:
I'm assuming you already have 17" rims?

Yes to that.

I already put Hawk pads on the car and I want some more braking power. The real thing is I tend to go fast.... say 80-120 ish... These stock brakes just dont do the best job stopping from those speeds... I know a lot of people say that you shouldnt be going that fast then or you should just let the car slow itself down, but when im on our little Highways around here there are hills... when there are hills there are places for cops... and thats a bad thing for me...

waltnono

Reaction score
Yes bigger is better
100_0018.jpg

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I think im just gonna buy the Cobra Front brakes and the Master Cylinder.... I mean why not.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I will soon. And between this one and my other post, we are having a mini conversation! :banana:

waltnono

Reaction score
Price wise I don't know who is cheaper but for 1 place that has anything you'll need for ur system look @ discbrakesareus.com They have everything from thr pads down to replacement bolts.

bybyz06

Reaction score
waltnono said:
CanaryGT said:
waltnono said:
Yes bigger is better
100_0018.jpg

Is that the difference between the Cobra and Stock... If so, holy shit.
The mounting bracket is on the caliber but yes the difference huge still.

Is that a direct replacement (mounting and everything)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online