Cobra intake on GT

r1ch999999

Reaction score
I found this Cobra intake on Facebook Marketplace. How can I tell if it'll fit a 94 GT? The seller doesn't know anything about it. If it does fit, what else will I need to put this on my car?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Pelham NH is like 20 minutes from me.
Where are you located.
That guy kinda sounds like a dick :rolleyes:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes it will fit. Is that really what they are going for now? I got mine 15 yrs ago for I think $200 before I spent a little time and money to perty it up

Mtl3XJU.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just realized it is a fox body version. The AIT sender is in a different location, but you can always plug it and not use it or put an offboard sender for a real temp gauge. You will also need to swap the throttle body cable to a fox version as well as the intake or get the add-on elbow

OP
OP
R

r1ch999999

Reaction score
I just realized it is a fox body version. The AIT sender is in a different location, but you can always plug it and not use it or put an offboard sender for a real temp gauge. You will also need to swap the throttle body cable to a fox version as well as the intake or get the add-on elbow
Thanks for the info, for that price I might look for something else. I just want something that'll fit with my strut tower bar and give me a bit more power.

Snorky

Reaction score
yes it will fit. Is that really what they are going for now? I got mine 15 yrs ago for I think $200 before I spent a little time and money to perty it up

View attachment 23589
I just sold an unpolished upper/lower + mystery 75mm throttle body in 4 hours for like $500 plus shipping.

Maximum95

Reaction score
I did the same swap on my car years ago. I may have seen a slight performance gain, but it's hardly noticeable. The major restriction on a stock 302 is in the heads and cam. As stated above, you do need an aftermarket strut tower brace to clear the Cobra intake. It's a great looking modification under the hood, and the Cobra intake will support upgraded heads and cam down the road. I would not discourage the swap.

But, you may be better off looking for a '94-'95 specific one on eBay.

52578249832_b776219396_k.jpg

shovel

Reaction score
I got a 94/95 specific one specifically because I think it looks cleaner than fiddling around with the elbow.

I felt like it made a huge difference from 4000-5500 rpm even with the E7 heads and it favorably changed the exhaust tone a little too - well listen for yourself.

Right now on ebay there are a couple of the BBK dual plenum intakes.. I don't know if those fit under the hood of a SN95 but I always thought they look really good.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Has any one thought about a gt40 tubular intake
A little more torque never hurt
Only the wallet

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is the only other intake I would trade mine for. Of course I would have to put some cash in on top but idunno still dreaming of a 351 based build next and those tubulars are STUPID....

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Right now on ebay there are a couple of the BBK dual plenum intakes.. I don't know if those fit under the hood of a SN95 but I always thought they look really good.
I didn't see this part under the video. The BBK intakes looked cool but were crap for performance and why you just do not see them that much.

I know the heads can make a big difference in sound as well. I had a raspy sound on mine with the x pipe and side exhaust till I put trickflow heads on it then the rasp went away.

OP
OP
R

r1ch999999

Reaction score
View attachment 23597

Gt 40 tubular intake with cobra strut bar
Aluminum 3ox ford race heads
Change to E 303 cam
Any idea how much power that added? I'm not looking to win races, I'd just like to get out of my own way better. If I could do something like your picture with some better gears, I think I'd be where I want to be.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
None of these are going to add enough to feel unless you have some other things like heads/cam to go with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online