Codes 212 & 542

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Finally checked the codes on my car today and got the following two codes, again:
212 - Loss of ignition diagnostic monitor signal/SPOUT circuit grounded.
542 - Fuel pump secondary circuit fault.

A little info on what is happening...back around the end of May my car randomly died on my way home one night, I had been driving that night for a couple of hours with ZERO problems. Would crank but not start. Finally about 20-30 minutes later the car restarted and ran perfectly for about 15 minutes then died again and wouldn't restart. When I checked the codes that time I got the same codes as today. Did a ton of reading and researching and couldn't come up with anything solid so I wound up swapping my CCRM with a used one I bought from another member here. That is ALL I changed. After changing the CCRM everything was fine. I drove the car almost every day for nearly a month, until two weeks ago when it randomly died again and had the exact same symptoms as the first time. So before I throw another CCRM at it I would like to see if anyone else knows anything about these two codes or what might be causing my issues. A friend of mine thinks the CCRM is getting heatsoaked, which may be causing it to shut off and not restart until it has had time to cool down.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Replaced CCRM with a new one but the issue is still back. Drove about 15 miles to a friends last night, tried to leave about two hours later and the fuel pump is dead silent. Going to replace the fuel pump with a new one I already had (Walbro 255lph) but I'd still loooooove to hear someone chime in on what is going on with those two codes.....soooo...

SOMEBODY GET IN HERE

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Ok, so we have 2 codes that could pertain to wiring. Have you inspected the wiring from the spout connector all the way into the car? Where is the spout on these cars? When you had the fender liner off, did you inspect all the wires and make sure none have been rubbed through by the tire or just from vibration?

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Ok, so we have 2 codes that could pertain to wiring. Have you inspected the wiring from the spout connector all the way into the car? Where is the spout on these cars? When you had the fender liner off, did you inspect all the wires and make sure none have been rubbed through by the tire or just from vibration?

From what I could tell the other day the harness is a ok, without actually tearing into it and inspecting it all the way back. No visible damage anywhere. The spout is on the passenger fender well near the MAF harness.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
From what I could tell the other day the harness is a ok, without actually tearing into it and inspecting it all the way back. No visible damage anywhere. The spout is on the passenger fender well near the MAF harness.

CCRM is on the passenger side as well, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online