Coil over shock help

Stock982v

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm seriously confused on what type of shocks to run , I bought A Arms and the springs came with , I don't know what kind of shocks I need , the spring is about as long as my size 13 shoe , I will get a few more pictures in the morning , also I don't know the brand of shock , o asked the guy what shocks did he use , he told me just to use my stock ones... Is that even possible?? Lol
20161009_213245_zpsdjyxluyj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Reaction score
It's possible if they don't have anything getting in the way. Also what you want are struts. I'd recommend going with bilstein struts. The HD should be perfect for you and your car. For me and others here on the site we need stiffer ones that accompany higher spring rates. [MENTION=19482]B.mad[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] can teach you a lot. There's also a thread that Steve (ferocious) pretty much went to town on about coil overs so see if you can find that. Also check out maximum motorsports site and read up on coil overs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
shoe sizes can sometimes vary so they are not the most accurate measurement device. Maybe throw a tape measure next to it and we can tell you if they are the right length but the guy you got them from said to run the stock springs?

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
shoe sizes can sometimes vary so they are not the most accurate measurement device. Maybe throw a tape measure next to it and we can tell you if they are the right length but the guy you got them from said to run the stock springs?

Well that's why I said about , I don't have a tape measure on hand , but he said to put them over the stock shocks , so I was a little confused

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Do the springs have any markings on them? Typically the length and diameter will be printed.

Also, don't run them with stock shocks. They aren't meant to handle the load of a spring on top of them.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Do the springs have any markings on them? Typically the length and diameter will be printed.

Also, don't run them with stock shocks. They aren't meant to handle the load of a spring on top of them.

I don't remember any markings , but I will get back to you after work , also that's what I figured it didn't seem right , I've been looking over at Qa1's website but can't seem to find shocks that work with these springs...

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
the diameter of the sleeve is meant to work with a specific shock that has that diameter. That looks like a drag set up. probably a lower spring rate and tall spring. Look into QA1, Strange, etc.

Also, certain spring rates work better with certain shocks. Without seeing a number or brand or something, you can possibly have a mismatched combo because you dont know how to set it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online