Coilover question.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Okay so basically I'm running cut springs with old KYB GR2's.. Needless to say she doesn't ride too nicely, but it sits nicely. I installed a set of MM cc plates. I'm looking to run UPR's street series CO setup up front, 12"-250lb spring. Now are the UPR co's compatible with my MM plates? And I'd like to run Strange 10 way adjustable shocks and struts.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't run UPR coilovers; however I do know the MM C/C plates are designed to accept a normal strut top - in other words, it behaves like the stock upper mount with respect to fitment, simplistically speaking. So, assuming the UPR coilover would fit the stock upper tower, then it will also fit the MM C/C plate. You will need to use the spacers that came with the MM C/Cs, and do adjustments to ensure that the coilover spring isn't hitting the frame or anything. But there is nothing special how the MM C/C plates accept the strut top (again, simplistically speaking).

Edit: of course, take this with a grain of salt, as I have no specific experience with UPR coilvers or the strange shocks/struts.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I don't run UPR coilovers; however I do know the MM C/C plates are designed to accept a normal strut top - in other words, it behaves like the stock upper mount with respect to fitment, simplistically speaking. So, assuming the UPR coilover would fit the stock upper tower, then it will also fit the MM C/C plate. You will need to use the spacers that came with the MM C/Cs, and do adjustments to ensure that the coilover spring isn't hitting the frame or anything. But there is nothing special how the MM C/C plates accept the strut top (again, simplistically speaking).

Edit: of course, take this with a grain of salt, as I have no specific experience with UPR coilvers or the strange shocks/struts.

Thanks for the input dude! I made the order and got them. Called UPR to just be 100% positive it would all work without issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online