Coilovers what brand and how much

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Like it says Coilovers what brand and how much.. I dont want to spend 2 legs and 1 arm on them but dont want shitty ones.. Post what you have and a pic.. Also I dont know what spring rate to go with.. My car will see alot of Track and street use but no corner carving type of use..

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
white94gt said:
Like it says Coilovers what brand and how much.. I dont want to spend 2 legs and 1 arm on them but dont want shitty ones.. Post what you have and a pic.. Also I dont know what spring rate to go with.. My car will see alot of Track and street use but no corner carving type of use..

No pic but try MM, UPR, Griggs, and God only knows what else. I plan on UPR's and 4 cyl springs out back.
Look in the suspesion section...lotttsss of good info (and install) stuff in there.

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Ok you kinda answered another one of my ?'s to.. Do most peeps just run coilovers in the front and springs in the rear?

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
white94gt said:
Ok you kinda answered another one of my ?'s to.. Do most peeps just run coilovers in the front and springs in the rear?

Depends on your application. Im going to be straight line mostly so no rear coilovers for me.
NOt heard of to many pepole withrear coilovers though...

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Yea I am going to be mostly straight line also.. I mean I will drive it on the street alot but not doing any corner carving or hauling ass...

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
white94gt said:
Yea I am going to be mostly straight line also.. I mean I will drive it on the street alot but not doing any corner carving or hauling ass...
Nice..you could do drag springs in the back as well....but from what I understand 4 cyl springs will work fine, and are cheaper...Also on the Spring Rate note it would be best to talk to the guys your ordering from on what rate to get...

95SC

Reaction score
I've had strange coilovers on my 96gt before .I didn't like them as they're making noises on every bump ond hole .I heard people have good luck with MM ones.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I'm running Maximum Motorsports front coilovers on my car paired with H&R springs in the rear. I have not had any problems with the front coilovers so far, but I've only had them on for just 8 months. I'm planning on going with Maximum Motorsports rear coilovers as well, as soon as the money allows it. Can't recommend anything for spring rates, because I don't drag race or know anything about seting the car up for such a thing. Here is a picture I whored out to hell.

35incde.jpg

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
K and another ? Do I have to have an after market K-member or can I run coilovers with a stock K-member?

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
you can run coilovers with a stock k-member. i do recommend if you go to coilovers in the front to get caster/camber plates and fully adjustable. if you dont youll have sloppy front end shimmys and uneven tire balding.

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Ok do I have to change stuts and shocks or can i use the stockers for a little bit?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have MM ones as well and love them #325 springs. IMO the cheapest way to go is MM, there are cheaper sets out there UPR, Griggs but ive heard only bad things about them.

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Anyone know if I have to change shocks or struts or if I can use stock for a lil while??

1quk50

Reaction score
i would go with upr 175 spring rate for drag racing.. and upr also has a rear coil set that you have to buy and shock cause it wont fit over the stock ones in the back.. tahts what i would go with..

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
You can't run stock shocks and you must run an aftermarket caster/camber plate, preferably on of 4 bolt design.

OP
OP
Sn95Willis

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Ok that answers my ? then. I will go with springs all the way around cause I dont want to spend 500 bux right now..

94 DropTop

Reaction score
good choice. You dont really need to do anything with the rears if you just want to pick up a set of used front. Buying a full set like the steeda, ford racing, or eibach drag springs would be good though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online