Coilovers what brand and how much

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you want cheap, but good drag strip performance...get Lakewood 70/30 struts, MMR 175lb 14" front coilovers, and lakewood 50/50 shocks, and cut stock springs or eibach/h&r drag springs. If you want better performance, go with adjustable shocks/struts, and D&D or UPR coilovers....I have the first setup and, while it is good, i wish i had adjustable strut/shocks and better coilovers, the MMR ones aren't exactly top quality. I'd probably get UPR if i could do it again.

Magic

Reaction score
Ive got the Eibach Pro Street CoilOver setup on my car in the front...the rear I have the Eibach Shocks and Eibach Sportline springs....

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
Im gettin MMR fronts with Lakewood 70/30 or 90/10's (undecided) and 50/50 rears with cut stock springs.
YaY!

BigTang

Reaction score
save up and get the QA1's or strange shocks for the rear. I can get you a decent deal on either ones. As for the coil overs pick up some lake wood coil overs and struts. thats what i originally had on the old black coupe. they're on my buddy's coupe now and he's running high 10s w/ them.
4 cylinder rear springs are a good place to start(usually free) or the eibach drag kit. I might still have the stock springs from that old white 87 coupe somewhere, i'll see if I can run them down.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
BigTang said:
save up and get the QA1's or strange shocks for the rear. I can get you a decent deal on either ones. As for the coil overs pick up some lake wood coil overs and struts. thats what i originally had on the old black coupe. they're on my buddy's coupe now and he's running high 10s w/ them.
4 cylinder rear springs are a good place to start(usually free) or the eibach drag kit. I might still have the stock springs from that old white 87 coupe somewhere, i'll see if I can run them down.
If you find those springs dibs :) ill pay shippin for you.
Lakewood makes coilovers? Where can I find 'em?

BigTang

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they were lake woods because i bought them at the same time as the struts. doubt they are UPR.
here's a pic you can barely see them, they are a bright blue. never mind the nasty looking $500 SSP coupe they are attached to.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigTang

Reaction score
NM i just talked to my buddy and he said they were probably from strange or UPR, says that the strange are a little better though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online