completely gross convertible top

OP
OP
F

FORDY9ER

Reaction score
If elbow grease isn't working you might want to try the local DIY car wash power washer. The stains are in the pores of the canvas so you may need some pressure to get it out. Your problem areas don't go to the edge of the top so you will be ok with a pressure washer, just be careful around the back window.

I have washed my top at the DIY car wash many times to get off sun baked bird shit etc and never had an issue.

does it matter how close I get? I just really dont want to hurt anything lol

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
does it matter how close I get? I just really dont want to hurt anything lol

I used to get up pretty close if I needed to so the pressure was concentrated. Its a tough material it won't tare like paper. Start back and move in as you become more comfortable.

OP
OP
F

FORDY9ER

Reaction score
I used to get up pretty close if I needed to so the pressure was concentrated. Its a tough material it won't tare like paper. Start back and move in as you become more comfortable.

so you think ill be able to get pretty close without damage as long as I stay away from the back window?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah its vinyl/canvas type material its actually pretty durable. I have blasted the crap off my top I just stay away from the edges and window so I don't mess up the seal.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I would just replace it with black. Sorry I'm not much help but light colors tops are a pain i bet. Didn't some guy on here dye his top black.

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I had my 99 sixer, it had a tan top on it and it did the same thing and looked just like that. I didn't even put any effort into keeping it nice because it was a POS anyway. The back window leaked and the stitching was coming undone.

Both of my cobras have black tops on them and they're so much nicer to maintain. I just put some meguiars convertible top cleaner each time I detail the car and call it a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online