Convertible poll

How often do you drop the top?

• The top goes up?

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • If it's not raining or freezing the top is down.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Sometimes up, sometimes down. Depends on mood.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Top down on special occassions.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I only bought a convertible for the added resale value. Wouldn't want to wear out the mechanism.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
On the way to work the other day I saw an S550 convertible with the top up. It was a nice day, so it got me to wondering if some people just buy convertibles to say they have a convertible. Thought I'd try a poll to see what the norm is here.

OP
OP
SouthernGorilla
Reaction score
I didn’t know convertibles sold for more. I always thought they were valued lower because of the problems that come with them.
I genuinely don't know. It may be a matter of perspective. Kind of like houses with pools. Lots of people consider it a major plus, I know better. On the other hand, I'll gladly pay more for a drop-top.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
See I'm weird with this.

Being slightly "follically challenged" I burn easily so the top stays up most of the time and I use the AC (which is an amazingly cold system).

The top does come down but only on warmer cloudy days or in the evening when the sun isn't as strong.

But then night driving with the top down is a great feeling - especially in late autumn here in the UK or early Spring when it's a bit colder.

TMW

OP
OP
SouthernGorilla
Reaction score
See I'm weird with this.

Being slightly "follically challenged" I burn easily so the top stays up most of the time and I use the AC (which is an amazingly cold system).

The top does come down but only on warmer cloudy days or in the evening when the sun isn't as strong.

But then night driving with the top down is a great feeling - especially in late autumn here in the UK or early Spring when it's a bit colder.

TMW
That's why I keep a flat cap in the center console. It's been a couple decades since I had any hair to block the sun, so I know your pain.

92wastheyear

Reaction score
See I'm weird with this.

TMW
I like driving with the top down when it fully dark after a hot day...that's the best. Especially out in the farm land

95opal

Reaction score
I didn’t know convertibles sold for more. I always thought they were valued lower because of the problems that come with them.

Verts normally have lower production numbers than hardtops making them more valuable to collectors. To the everyday joe your comment is typically true.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Convertibles have always been something Hollywood exploited in movies. Historically, they have exuded an aura of being unique! Just thought I'd share that opinion. My wife loves our 96 GT Convertible. It is very rare with the Opal Frost paint, white top and white Leather interior!

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Verts normally have lower production numbers than hardtops making them more valuable to collectors. To the everyday joe your comment is typically true.
Apart from Jaguar who seem to make more verts than tin tops in some models....

Then I am biased being an XK8 convertible owner as well :D

TMW

Last edited:

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
I like my Convertible a bunch. It doesn't look like your normal New Edge Mustang coup IMHO. With the top down it looks even nicer. Always wanted to put in one of those 3rd light bars too.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
pics or it didn't happen :)
Your comment and declaration are offensive to me! Rarely would I post a reaction like THIS but your snide, smiley faced BULLSHIT
is a detriment to this forum! Just who appointed you as the arbiter of what happened and what did not happen? Anyone can post a photo of a car but that is not evidence of ownership! From now on, if you see a post from me, just skip it because I am sick of your BULLSHIT!
My sincere apologies to those who are not involved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online