could this be causing my car to run hot?

MoonlightGT

Reaction score
im missing the plastic air deflector at the bottom of the front bumper right under the rad. could this be causing my car to run hot? the old one was all fucked up so i took it off but i never thought it did to much. should i get another one??

warpspeed1414

Reaction score
Yes it could cause your vehicle to run hot. I would get a new one a put it on.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It might be aiding to your cooling issues, that dam does direct air up into the engine are for cooling.

96 blue moon

Reaction score
I also have a 96 GT and I had to take mine off some time ago. I don't have any over heating issues. I like your car dude. it looks just like mine. Nice color and rims!!!!

S

scarface

Iwouldnt think that would be the cause...it helps with the airflow, but not enough to make you over heat if it isnt there. I think you may have other issues.

96 blue moon

Reaction score
I agree with scarface about your overheating issues. My lower air deflector has been off for a couple of years now and I don't have a overheating problem. I think you have a problem somewhere else. Is your electric fans working properly? Man, your car looks just like mine. The same color and rims. Looks great dude.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
I have no deflector on my 96 Saleen. No cooling issues here. BTW, Moonlight Blue FTMFW!!! :new_year:

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
id look into your thermostat. and if you have underdrive pullies that "might" be a problem. if i read right the weaker 96 was the coolant crossover in the old npi manifolds. my full recommendations are checking your anti-freeze mixture, thermostat, and all else water pump.. someone else could chime in also. those are my recommendations.

mike97gt

Reaction score
also maybe try cleaning off the surfaces of your radiator really good.. when my car was overheating it was just the rad was getting all plugged up between the fins.

voidfinger

Reaction score
are you guys talking about that thing that is like a scrub gaurd? could anyone take a pic of it... i don't remember seeing anything on my 98 like that...