couple wheel questions

dbmblitz10

Reaction score
first of all, what is the widest tire i can fit on a 16x7 wheel without risking any problems?

also, are there any cons when using wheel spacers?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
dbmblitz10 said:
first of all, what is the widest tire i can fit on a 16x7 wheel without risking any problems?

I have to ask this first what rim do you have thats a 16x7?

OP
OP
D

dbmblitz10

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
dbmblitz10 said:

I have to ask this first what rim do you have thats a 16x7?

eagle alloys

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmm, with a rim that small in width I dont think I would use anything bigger than a 245 wide tire.......and that could be too much :dunno: you dont want your sidewalls to bow out and look like crap not to mention compromise the life and performance of the tire

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah a 7" wheel... that tiny i would get different wheels first then worry about tires and no worries with spacers but if your running a 235 and using spacers its going to look dumb from behind

95Boss

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
yeah a 7" wheel... that tiny i would get different wheels first then worry about tires and no worries with spacers but if your running a 235 and using spacers its going to look dumb from behind

I agree. Why spend money on tires for 16" wheels? Get some larger diameter ones and some decent tires. Spacers are a last resort for fitment problems.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
as long as you use hubcentric spacers you will be ok...get ones similar to eibachs and MMs.