Crooked wheels

A_+

Reaction score
I replaced the bump steer and CC plates a few days ago and now I’m putting everything back together again and my front wheels pointing in different directions. I measured correctly so what do I need to do to straighten these wheels out so that I can make it to the alignment shop?

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
That damn jam nut is not moving and I don’t have a torch[emoji35] I’m gonna give it a few wacks and let some pb blaster set for a while (again) then I’m gonna just slowly drive it to the shop. It’s 10 miles

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been going through this myself trying to get it back on the road. Short of using a calibrated eyeball I am not sure what to say as that is all I have been doing. Its one of the few times I picked the shop to do the work solely on the fact they are the closest...

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Google "string alignment" and that should get you pretty close. That is how I do my track alignments and have never had an issue with excessive tire wear

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I ended up having to replace the inner tie rods simply because the jam nut wouldn’t move and I was starting to tear up the rod with my vise grips. They were in bad shape anyway. Once I replaced those and messed around with my cc plates, it all worked out. Had to pick up some camber bolts but my alignment is straight!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you just did not have the vice grips on tight enough or hit them with a big enough hammer.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your using cc plates and camber bolts?? Usually it’s one or the other. I’d think that’s a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Your using cc plates and camber bolts?? Usually it’s one or the other. I’d think that’s a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, right?! I was certain that switching out the cc plates would have been sufficient since the original ones were still being used but for some reason it wasn’t enough.

you just did not have the vice grips on tight enough or hit them with a big enough hammer.

I tighten the crap out of them. The tie rods were rusty af because the car came from up north. I figured that had something to do with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott