Cruise control question for nitrous

cameron57

Reaction score
I am needing a momentary switch to use on my car for when I spray since my cruise control no longer works or is on car. I was wondering if I could use the set acel for my button. But where would I be able to t into it easily.

Thanks cameron

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its just an activation button its not like it carries any current right? If so it should work but where to hit it now other then in the steering column I am not sure

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
No it would need to carry current.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Then you would probably need to hook it up to a relay or latching relay depending on the need as I am not sure they are used as current carrying as much as just activating the system. That part is not too hard and I can help yo though that if I can find my electrical manual and track down the wires.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
Ok I may just use my button on my shifter lol will just have to add another button for reverese.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Ok I may just use my button on my shifter lol will just have to add another button for reverese.

That button on the shift can't carry current either. You want to setup all your switches to feed ground to a relay super simple and smaller wires can be used.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't let the relay scare you. If you break it down into its two parts, is the coil(electromagnet) that activates the switch. The coil has two wires and it doesn't matter which is + or -. I found part of my books but not the electrical section....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online