Cruise Not Working. Servo - What Years Fit

02GTUK

Reaction score
Morning all,

Cruise has never worked since I have owned the car (just over a year) but the previous owner told me it had been working.

I have checked all fuses with a multi meter (fine)
Put a multi meter on the steering wheel switches and pressed both on/off and the horn sounds.
Brake lights are all fine, no led and all working.
Put a multi meter on the clutch switch (fine)
Reset the brake switch (push the plunger in until it clicks then reconnected)
Disconnected the brake switch and put a paperclip in the plug to bypass

Nothing has worked so far so I am thinking it must be the servo behind the drivers wheel. My question is, is this year specific or do 94-98 models use the the same servo?

2002 GT - Manual

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not sure about specific years or not but I know there is a small box down by the fusebox they call something crazy like the cruise control amplifier or something that handles a lot of the controls for the cruise. I had mine go bad on my and for some reason it would only send 9v to my brake lights and I had to replace it.

You also might want to check the brake switch. If the cruise thinks it is on it will not activate.

OP
OP
02GTUK

02GTUK

Reaction score
Not sure about specific years or not but I know there is a small box down by the fusebox they call something crazy like the cruise control amplifier or something that handles a lot of the controls for the cruise. I had mine go bad on my and for some reason it would only send 9v to my brake lights and I had to replace it.

You also might want to check the brake switch. If the cruise thinks it is on it will not activate.
Thanks ttocs i'll take a look! I was hoping by bypassing the brake switch with a paperclip in the harness side plug it would prove the switch was ok?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online