Cruise control problem

BHernandez

Reaction score
Speaking of narrowing the search; any chance of rodent damage. Have you checked your tach signal? The servo requires a constant tach signal. These tach are notorious for dropping signal intermittently. Does the tach jump around at all during idle? Or fluctuate crazy at high RPM?

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
I've never had anything chewed on in the garage, have my Gravely tractor in there also and a trailer.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Well I'm not really into this last checking of all those wires it's a PIA! I'm about ready to give up on this. I've got so many conflicting answers to all this it's just amazing. I did the v6 forum also, you begin to wonder who actually knows what and who doesn't. It could possibly be the clock spring or that output sensor on the transmission, who knows. I certainly never would have thought there were so many things that affect the cruise, even a burned out brake light bulb can keep it from working, unreal!

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
On the bright side, previous generations of people survived without cruise control. This could be a chance to make your grandparents proud!

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Oh I know but I am a grandpa and great grandpa..lol
I just don't like it when something doesn't work as it did, drives me nuts.
Yes I can do without but rather it all worked.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are a couple of things to remember here. First I don't know a lot of people that really dig into the cruise control myself, it is only the 2nd time I have go into it and the first time I just disconnected mine after realizing it was for some reason draining 3volts out of the brake lights. I couldn't explain it either but with it disconnected they have full power and I don't use my cruise so I never looked back.

You also need to remember that the cruise is set up to turn off for a number of different reasons and any one of them being tripped could cause it not to activate.

I agree tracing wires SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS and its part of the reason mine has sat like it has since that small electrical fire. But honestly it gets to a point that it is the only choice. I know I have some in my future and I dread it as much as you, even though I have experience or possibly because I have it.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
Started doing that and gave up, it's just to much and I'd hate to mess something else up.
Did you happen to look in your manual for those other colors of wires, just wondered.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
My manual is for 94/95 gt only but I have a pic of what it shows uploading to imgur. For some reason it has been taking a while before I can post a link.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
No hurry or big deal was just curious about that.
Tried finding one online but no go on that.

SN95Prjxt98

Reaction score
"Thanks everyone for helping me figure this cruise control out but I'm done it can stay that way!!"

I'm currently working on mine I have a cc out of a 96 with vac line on it and no space on vac tree for it. I'm going to attempt to put the electronic one in, once I get one from a parts yard. If this works I'll chime in again.

This thread was a great read though, all in all. Glad I'm not the only one having this issue.

OP
OP
bigred

bigred

Reaction score
I'll be interested to hear how that goes. I've just been driving it without the cruise, no problem.
Just wish I could at least see the output sensor on the trans to make sure the wires are ok. Been under there a few times and can't even see it, needs to be on a rack.

SN95Prjxt98

Reaction score
I'll be interested to hear how that goes. I've just been driving it without the cruise, no problem.
Just wish I could at least see the output sensor on the trans to make sure the wires are ok. Been under there a few times and can't even see it, needs to be on a rack.
I'll keep that in mind as I'm a larger individual. I may put it up as high as I can to look around.

It's not just a belly it's a personal airbag

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online