cruise not working...

Overboost

Reaction score
I know there are a zillion topics on this matter, but I cannot find anything wrong.
it worked perfectly fine, I changed the head unit out for a diff stereo, I went to use the CC and it did nothing.
is the cruise hooked through the mach 460 and when I swapped out the head unit I lost CC as well?
the pedal switches look fine, all lights and horn work and the CC worked a month ago, nothing else has changed...

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Does the cruise light come on the dash when you try to a time set it?? If not start checking fuses.

If it does then start checking the vacuum lines on the climate controls behind the radio. Chances are you knocked one lose and cruise uses vacuum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Overboost

Overboost

Reaction score
Does the cruise light come on the dash when you try to a time set it?? If not start checking fuses.

If it does then start checking the vacuum lines on the climate controls behind the radio. Chances are you knocked one lose and cruise uses vacuum.

I get no light on the dash that says I have engaged the cruise.

OP
OP
Overboost

Overboost

Reaction score
I have not yet checked the fuse, I was hoping it was something else since it worked until I changed the radio, but if it winds up being a fuse, you can disregard my ineptitude
car is stored for the winter right now, I will go out and pull off the cover and check those. but cannot test drive now until either spring or if we get a nice day between now and snow

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What year has a cruise light come on the dash? Mine doesn't have one, or it does and has never came on?

Mine just says “cruise” when it’s engaged if I remember correctly.

Of course it’s been 5 years since I could drive it so I’m not 100% sure but that’s what I remember.

OP
OP
Overboost

Overboost

Reaction score
mine is a 98, I dont think they put the light on until 2000 or so, but I am clueless and just taking a guess here

01yellercobra

Reaction score
My 04 doesn't have the light. Do you have a manual? Theres a switch under the quadrant. Depending how you were working and what you were moving maybe you tweaked it.

OP
OP
Overboost

Overboost

Reaction score
I got a plug and play set from crutchfield, I simply pulled the head unit and CD, put in the pocket and plugged in the new head unit retaining all the factory amps and wiring. I try and take great care not to fubar wiring.
I have tomorrow off so I may pull the cover and start trying to track down any inconsistencies.

Reaction score
You didn’t happen to change your tail light bulbs for LED’s did you? I know my cruise control gets its brake signal from the left rear brake light circuit, it’s a ‘99. I also have the cruise dash light.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Do you drive with the steering column all the way down or adjust it often? The multifunction switch can come unplugged. It goes bad but usually has other symptoms like brake lights not activating. Also cruise has a standalone cable under the hood, it maybe detached or broke.

OP
OP
Overboost

Overboost

Reaction score
You didn’t happen to change your tail light bulbs for LED’s did you? I know my cruise control gets its brake signal from the left rear brake light circuit, it’s a ‘99. I also have the cruise dash light.

yes, yes I most certainly did.....
installed them with the sequential tail lights because the burn out time was significantly faster so the sequence looked much better.

OP
OP
Overboost

Overboost

Reaction score
Do you drive with the steering column all the way down or adjust it often? The multifunction switch can come unplugged. It goes bad but usually has other symptoms like brake lights not activating. Also cruise has a standalone cable under the hood, it maybe detached or broke.

I have never changed the position of the wheel, I set tilt one time and leave it. I am not a fat guy so I can easily slide out of it with out any issue

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I wonder when it changed then? I've had a 98, 01, and 04. None of them have the light. I drove my daughters 03 today because my truck needs batteries and it doesn't have the light either.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I have never changed the position of the wheel, I set tilt one time and leave it. I am not a fat guy so I can easily slide out of it with out any issue
Why do we have to be fat? Maybe some of us are just big boned.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think we are all just getting our old fords confused. My 97 ranger had a light but I don't think they were ever included in sn's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott

Members online