Cupholders again . . .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have always taken my bottle and put it in the space between the seat belt, seat and the console. Mind you I am a skinny sob so I have space there but its always been an easy place to get and no spills.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like to fill a camelback with beer and wear it while I’m driving.

I kid I kid...........or do I....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

there use to be one of those lazy rivers outside of phoenix where you can rent an inner tube and then they drop you off and pick you up marinated on the other end. Naturally there was always an extra cooler for the liquor, maybe 2 or 3 depending. Sometimes I drank beer, sometimes I made some kind of mixer in my camelback and then just made sure I was tied to the cooler with the hose hanging out. I still remember that long walk up that rocky hill to the bus stumbling all over the place....

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah they do that here on the salt river.

They do one in gatlinburg and it hits some light rapids here and there. Friends have done it and said it’s a blast.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah they do that here on the salt river.

They do one in gatlinburg and it hits some light rapids here and there. Friends have done it and said it’s a blast.

thats funny its the salt river in az as well :) I guess from all the beer pee in it....

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
That looks really good, man. Thumbs up! I don't think I have ever used the "flip-out from under the console lid when it's up, then put the console lid back down, cluster-f*** of a piss-poor design that will only hold a can for it to drip condensation on to my console" cup holder in mine. What a waste of engineering.

Thanks! the early cup holders are awful.

When you want to drink you can just lean back and it will pressurize the camelback.

OP
OP
delling3

delling3

Reaction score
Got the old console out, and the replacement console painted and ready for install. I had assumed that the harness would be plug and play (foolish me). For those who have done the swap, I assume you also swapped the wire harness. And, at that point, I am guessing the wire going to the cigarette lighter in the ashtray isn't long enough to reach back to the 12VDC outlet in the face of the arm rest. Did you splice the harness, or simply leave the 12VDC outlet unpowered?

fender868

Reaction score
I upgraded my 99 to a 2002 using my harness and it works fine. Had to cut along the harness to free the convertible switch connector since the switch sits closer to the shifter than the armrest. I have my old center console of anyone wants it. I just wanted the leather hand brake boot and I prefer the built in cop holders rather than the pop in style

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online

No members online now.