blacknightdyel

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I got my first SN95 about a month or so back and the speedometer doesn't work for it. Come to find out, the guy previous had put in an 01 GT manual transmission that has a magnetic speed sensor. I've since replaced the sensor, but that didn't change anything.

I picked up a Dakota Digital interface to try to get it to read and I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out why it's not working. Have any of y'all used one of these to good effect? If you have, do you have any pictures or wiring diagrams that could be of use?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Man, I had a friend use one of those a long time ago and I remember him having a heck of a time getting it to output correctly. Do you have the install instructions for it? And how do you have it wired in now?

OP
OP
B

blacknightdyel

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel his pain. I can’t get it to talk with the speed sensor for the life of me.
I do have the install instructions, but I’ve tried just about everything on there, I think. Thankfully, the app for it has a tester and I can get it to put out a signal, so I know at least the output and power work.

I have the two wires from the speedo going into the input and ground
Power going to the radio, so it’s not constantly running
Ground on the chassis
And the output going to the speedo cable on the back of the dash cluster

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online