Damaged/used wheel from Latemodel Restoration

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So a week ago, I ordered two new FR500 wheels.
First issue was that I was using a gift card, which apparently couldn't be used online and I had to call in, but then they told me that their system was down so they would call me back in about an hour. The guy was friendly enough and he called me back and placed my order, so I didn't mind.
Today when I got home from work, there was one box on my doorstep, and I opened it up to find one wheel, not two. Looking at the tracking, it seemed they sent them out on different trucks so the first one arrived today and the second one will arrive tomorrow (the date they originally told me). Still didn't mind much because I'm still getting my wheels.
The wheel wasn't wrapped in any plastic like the ones I ordered a few weeks ago, but whatever. The part that got me was the damage on the lip of the wheel and all the scratches, marks, and scruffs on the wheel itself. The wheel looks like its been used already, had a tire on it, and been put on a car.
I called them up and the man told me that there was no record of my order, even after giving him my name, phone number, zip code, and the name of the salesman who I talked to ordering the wheels. He put me on hold for ten minutes or so, and then finally picked up and told me that he found the order, and that I should email him pictures and he would get back to me tomorrow.

Hope this all works out

EDIT/UPDATE: Jarrod called me up this morning and sent me a shipping label to ship the current wheel back and told me they would ship out two new wheels today that he would personally go out and inspect before they go out. Big thanks to Jarrod for getting this sorted out quickly, right after getting back from vacation!
Tl;dr: Ordered wheels from Latemodel Restoration, arrived damaged and appears to have been used and already on a car with a tire.

Here are some pics:
VvaPH.jpg
66Svt.jpg
yJKR9.jpg

hykc2.jpg

BlOwNXT

Reaction score
Man that sucks....hope they swap it out and make everything right!

97FloridaGT

Reaction score
Dude....I hope they make right on that for their sake. The wheel being used wouldn't be such a big thing if it wasn't beat to hell. Good luck.

RichV

Reaction score
That's totaly unacceptable. They need to send you a new wheel ASAP. It sux you are bound to them with the gift card, if it was a CC I'd call and have the CC company get your $ back if they fret.

I had a deal about a year ago where I ordered the kids 3 remote control helicopters online. Used my AMEX, never got the helis. So after about a month of trying to contact the company without sucess I called AMEX and they filed a dispute, gave me $ back instantly, and sent a info request to the seller. Nothing was ever resolved and I got my $ back.

95riosnake

Reaction score
I would say somehow a returned/re-stocked wheel somehow got put into their new wheel inventory by mistake, then nobody thought to check it before it went out. This should be a pretty straightforward thing for them to make right. Send you a prepaid return shipping label to send the damaged one back, send you a new wheel, that should be all there is to it.

A tire has definitely been mounted to that wheel, the black scuffs inside the wheel tell that story pretty clearly.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
^Agreed 100%. Don't sweat it man the guys at LMR are good guys they should take care of it no problem. I agree it probably got mixed up with a return. My buddy shipped back 2 of his FR's because of a clearcoat peal (to AM tho) and they shipped him back 2 new wheels with no issues at all. LMR should be the same way

Cpotts13

Reaction score
i am sure they will make this right. isnt there a lmr rep on this forum? maybe you can contact him to escelate this..
I had an issue with the clrear coat peeling on my rims 9 months after i bought them from american muscle, they promptly shipped a new set out the same day, covered return cost and covered mounting and balancing cost. so this should be a easy fix

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Our good friend Jarrod, Potts. He's a good guy and can definitely help you out. When he logs on and sees a thread with LMR in the title he'll check it out lol don't worry

Barner1

Reaction score
I'm like everybody else here man, I've had nothing but good business with LMR. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

BigBore96

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll fix it. And when they do, make sure you edit this thread to make sure there is no confusion on whether or not they took care of you.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll fix it. And when they do, make sure you edit this thread to make sure there is no confusion on whether or not they took care of you.

This.

LMR has taken care of me on a number of occasions.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Update:
Talked to the latemodel resto guy today on the phone, he told me that he didn't know how it happened but they did send me a damaged wheel. Emailed me a ups label to ship it back and then once they got it they would send me a new one.

Later today, I got the other wheel and it wasn't damaged but it was not in original packaging, had stems and weights already installed, and no foam padding or wrapping at all. The wheel had obviously had a tire on it before. I called the guy back and told him, and after a little while finally got him to admit that they had been mounted with tires, and a customer returned it, and they repackaged the wheels and sent them out as if they were brand new. Tomorrow he should email me a shipping label so I can ship both wheels back.

Honestly this whole experience is really disappointing, they knowingly sent me used wheels and wouldn't admit it until after I had pushed for a while. I would expect better treatment, and for them to compensate me somehow for all the trouble I've had to go to just to get my wheels.

Tl;dr Lmr knowingly sent me two used wheels. Now I have to return them and wait for them to send me new ones. Hopefully

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

chris91

Reaction score
Id bi+ch and tell them to do something for the trouble and gas money youll be wasting. Throw in a set of Bullitt Pedals or somethin. lol

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Couple pics of the second wheel that came in today. Not as bad as the first one, but still, definitely not new.

1cB8Cl.jpg
J32Qnl.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You don't HAVE to wait for them and I would consider looking somewhere else myself. No reason for that stuff to happen and then you have to wait 2x as long now for them to recieve them and then to re-ship them.

Jarrod@latemodel

Reaction score
I'm sorry to see that this happened to you. It is something that does not happen on a normal basis for sure. It does look like the wheels were mistakenly put back into our wheel inventory, when they should have been transferred out when they came back. I have been out since the Christmas holiday and just seen this, so sorry for the delay on that as well. If you will please email me your information so I can look up your account, I will make sure that the new wheels that get shipped out are in good shape with no marks or any damage. If you want to call and talk to me directly, give us a call and ask the sales guy to transfer you over to me. That number is 254-296-6500. My direct line is 254-296-6531, we are upgrading our phone system at the moment and my voicemail is not working. If you want me to call you, PM me your number, and I will call you ASAP.

BlOwNXT

Reaction score
^^good to see someone trying to take care of you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online