Damn, did this forum die?

OP
OP
N

Nacho98

Reaction score
Yeah it's alright, I'm 50/50 on being back. Hasn't really sunk in yet, been busy getting my wife set up with everything she needs and playing with the Mustang a bit...but I'll tell you this, there are an awful lot of people wearing far too little clothing for how far too fat they are...

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
LOL WTF did I miss while I was away?

Handz continued his douchebaggery, like always, and got kicked out of the office and lost his moderator status.

Since then, instead of continuing to post information on the only topic he has any expertise, (detailing) he has decided to whine like a little girl and now just posts about all the racing he is (not) doing.

So really, not much new.

Paul.

bigkeeko

Reaction score
Sure, its not as busy as it was but fuck it. I can`t think of any other sn95 forums so this`ll do. I was on a couple of other forums and then when it went through a change a lot of members fucked off. Some people cant handle a change of password or having to check their mail for a link. Serious work there.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Well for one, school started. For the other I'm working at a place I don't have constant access to the forums. The other side to this is that I'm just not nearly as interested. Alot of people complaining, so much so it's turned this place into a recreation of Twilights "Edward vs Jacob" pre-teen bullshit rivalry. Most of the folks on here are my bro's, and I keep up with them on facebook/texting or whatever so it doesn't bother me to much.

BigTang

Reaction score
the lay out sucks plan and simple. sure it has the nifty chat box, which bogs down my computer at work so i don't log in at lunch or on break any more, its a PITA to use from my phone now.
the ads in the middle of posts don't help much either.

Justang

Reaction score
Instead of bitching, let's brainstorm. Any ideas on how to get things rolling in the right direction? How about a "Topic of the Month" type deal, where every month we feature a sticky on a specific area of detailing and have everyone share their product experiences and stuff? There is so much information out there, maybe condensing it to one thread will help people find new products to try or share knowledge with those who are just learning the art.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of bitching, let's brainstorm. Any ideas on how to get things rolling in the right direction? How about a "Topic of the Month" type deal, where every month we feature a sticky on a specific area of detailing and have everyone share their product experiences and stuff? There is so much information out there, maybe condensing it to one thread will help people find new products to try or share knowledge with those who are just learning the art.

my suggestion was to let the topics maintain a fluid form. instead of a thread being stuck on a single topic "hey my headlight doesnt work" then it dying once the problem is solved, the moderators allow the members to blabble, if they so choose.

this was struck down. the powers at be wanted to keep tech topics tech and lounge topics lounge, no deviation; with an iron fist.

now no one posts...

hell, they probably post but its in the wrong thread so it gets deleted. LOL.

the problem isnt really the site, its the subject... how much can we talk about S281 spoilers and a 1998 roush's 14 second quarter mile???
if you do a search, every question ever thought of has been answered on our cars. most of this info is on our forum. so... a simple point-and-click gets most of the information people need, no need to post.

If they dont search, they just ask the same questions. a prime example is in the 5.0 section now. "gas tank leaking" 99% of the members here knew it was the filler tube grommet before opening the thread. why post? why open the thread? when the regulars see a thread like this, if they do post, it normally consists of "do a search"

THEN, we get into banter. obviously the tech support side of the site is pretty well handled by the search button, so all we can talk about is random stuff... but we cant do that in tech threads, so that leaves just the lounge threads taht are readily getting used....

am i saying the sites bad? no.
the moderators are bad? no.
the cars are bad? no.
the users are bad? no.

its jsut the nature of the beast.

my suggestions:

put more user-oriented stuff on the site.
I.E: what are your favorite wheels on an SN95? whats your dream mustang? whats your favorite football team?
we used to have a calendar (do we still have it?) i liked that.
we used to have a ROTM (although voting was always a cry baby fest)
we used to have ...
and ...
and...

i think Matt is just a little busy with his real life to make this his top priority. and i dont blame him.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
my suggestion was to let the topics maintain a fluid form. instead of a thread being stuck on a single topic "hey my headlight doesnt work" then it dying once the problem is solved, the moderators allow the members to blabble, if they so choose.

this was struck down. the powers at be wanted to keep tech topics tech and lounge topics lounge, no deviation; with an iron fist.

now no one posts...

hell, they probably post but its in the wrong thread so it gets deleted. LOL.

the problem isnt really the site, its the subject... how much can we talk about S281 spoilers and a 1998 roush's 14 second quarter mile???
if you do a search, every question ever thought of has been answered on our cars. most of this info is on our forum. so... a simple point-and-click gets most of the information people need, no need to post.

If they dont search, they just ask the same questions. a prime example is in the 5.0 section now. "gas tank leaking" 99% of the members here knew it was the filler tube grommet before opening the thread. why post? why open the thread? when the regulars see a thread like this, if they do post, it normally consists of "do a search"

THEN, we get into banter. obviously the tech support side of the site is pretty well handled by the search button, so all we can talk about is random stuff... but we cant do that in tech threads, so that leaves just the lounge threads taht are readily getting used....

am i saying the sites bad? no.
the moderators are bad? no.
the cars are bad? no.
the users are bad? no.

its jsut the nature of the beast.

my suggestions:

put more user-oriented stuff on the site.
I.E: what are your favorite wheels on an SN95? whats your dream mustang? whats your favorite football team?
we used to have a calendar (do we still have it?) i liked that.
we used to have a ROTM (although voting was always a cry baby fest)
we used to have ...
and ...
and...

i think Matt is just a little busy with his real life to make this his top priority. and i dont blame him.

i know i havent been on here long, but everything you said is right, in the little time ive been here all this has happened

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online