deck install

bmcgc

Reaction score
edit by ttocs: I pulled all of your info out of that post so it can be easier to help.

I think I will pull it out and stick the storage bin in its place.

Will the radio still work if I unplug the CD player? Its not a Mach system.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
Is that a plug that I take out of the CD player and put in the radio?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the power harness might very well be the same but its doubtful that the mach harness will be the same. It would not be a big deal to make a harness to go between the deck/mach harness though.

OP
OP
B

bmcgc

Reaction score
My oem system is a non mach. It has the AM/FM/CASS and CD player. It has an amp mounted on the hump under the CD player.

If I want to remove the CD player and install the cubby, what do I do about getting sound to the speakers.

If I pull the radio and CD player and install an aftermarket, what do I do to bypass the factory amp? How many ohms are the factory speakers?

Im pretty confused as you can tell.

lutter94

Reaction score
I believe you can use this, I just put this in my car this wknd. It bypasses the amp. I had a non-mach, but w/o the cd player. Idk what the factory speakers are, might as well throw some 6x8's in there, they're cheap.

This is where the black connector goes. The connector feeds the speakers from the factory amp, unplug it and plug the new harness in (shown below).
http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/6244587/18739347/1994-ford-mustang/
lrs-14409a_3672.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online